• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity inconsistencies

bksbeat

How is it possible if I have set Product A to have a qty = 0, and then when the customer selects that product it displays a qty = 1.

Is not, what qty is displayed on my website suppose to be tied to what qty I have set in my admin.

Value Action

Check stock level true

Subtract stock true

Allow Checkout false

Mark product out of stock SOLD

Stock Re-order level 1

It almost seems, regardless of what qty the customer selects, it will take that - irrespective what qty is set for that product in my admin. I have tested a case where I selected a qty = 7, for a product where I have 1 in stock and yet 7 appears in the add to cart page?

It seems like there is no connection between the qty entered vs qty appearing in admin per product?

Maybe this is suppose to be the way it works? as I never touched this area before?

Any ideas will be appreciated

The shopping cart doesn't have a column for "Number of items in stock". It just has a column for "Number of items added to cart". No matter how many you have in stock, a customer can add 30,000 of that same item to their cart.

It sounds to me like you need to change a setting to check stock level.. in the admin under "Configuration" ->"Stock" -> "Check Stock Level". This will make osCommerce check the stock level and show in the shopping cart area "SOLD" (as you currently have your "Mark product out of stock" set to) when a customer add more to their cart than you have in stock.

Thank you for your reponse.

The check stock level is set to true, and the "sold" option is working.

However, even though the " out of stock" works and appears when qty=0, it still defaults to 1 when you add to cart, which is wrong.

Maybe there is no way around - What I will probably have to do is manually set that item to inactive.

Thks again

The shopping cart doesn't have a column for "Number of items in stock". It just has a column for "Number of items added to cart". No matter how many you have in stock, a customer can add 30,000 of that same item to their cart.

It sounds to me like you need to change a setting to check stock level.. in the admin under "Configuration" ->"Stock" -> "Check Stock Level". This will make osCommerce check the stock level and show in the shopping cart area "SOLD" (as you currently have your "Mark product out of stock" set to) when a customer add more to their cart than you have in stock.

Archived