• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Banner size

janetd

I see some larger banners out there. I am looking to get one and wondered if it has to be 468 x 50 or can I make it wider (top to bottom)? Also does anyone know of a good place to get one?

Thanks,

Janet

• 4 weeks later...

You can use any banner size you like. The 468 X 50 is just the "group" that is used for the banner images in the admin tools.

The easiest place to get a banner is to just make one. Use any graphics or drawing program and create it yourself. You can, of course, pay someone to make your banner for you but they are really easy to make so I wouldn't pay someone unless you just don't have any graphics skills or ability at all. I personally use Photoshop CS to create mine and if I want an animated banner, I use GIF Construction Set.

I've added a lot of banners to my osC store and it works great. The only problem I've found so far, is that if you try to assign a banner to a new group other than the 468 X 50 default, they don't show up. Bottom line, just use any banner size you like and assign it to the 468 X 50 group and you should be set.

Good luck.

I see some larger banners out there. I am looking to get one and wondered if it has to be 468 x 50 or can I make it wider (top to bottom)? Also does anyone know of a good place to get one?

Thanks,

Janet

I've added a lot of banners to my osC store and it works great. The only problem I've found so far, is that if you try to assign a banner to a new group other than the 468 X 50 default, they don't show up. Bottom line, just use any banner size you like and assign it to the 468 X 50 group and you should be set.

Their not showing because your not changing the code in the footer ... if you look in catalog/includes/footer.php this code here:

<?php
 if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {
?>

It's only set to display banners in the group 468x50 ... if you change that bit of code to whatever your other group is named it'll display that group....we have 3 different groups of banners through our site ... on different pages ... and changing this bit of code on the page you want your banner group on to the banner group you want to display will definitely fix that up ;)

Archived