• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

carts not joining upon login

hi, for some reason the shopping cart isnt updating when a user logs in to their account. I was pretty sure that the guest cart and the members cart joined together upon login, but whats happening instead is that the members cart (i.e saved cart from when they last logged out) is being lost and instead replaced by the new cart. This only happens if they have something in the guest cart, in other words if the guest cart is empty and they login, their saved cart is retrieved from the database.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

hi, for some reason the shopping cart isnt updating when a user logs in to their account. I was pretty sure that the guest cart and the members cart joined together upon login, but whats happening instead is that the members cart (i.e saved cart from when they last logged out) is being lost and instead replaced by the new cart. This only happens if they have something in the guest cart, in other words if the guest cart is empty and they login, their saved cart is retrieved from the database.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

obviously noone knows, what about the function then that joins the visitors cart to the members cart? Does anyone know where this is, so I can take a look at it and try to figure this problem out myself?

Many thanks in advance/ Luke

Did You set recreate session to true.

That might cause some issue.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Did You set recreate session to true.

That might cause some issue.

Satish

Satish, thank you for trying to help. This is set to false, I have been playing with several permutations on the sessions section but no luck. I have installed so many stores, I am at a complete loss :-(

Archived