• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

website looks

hi, quick question i hope

im fairly happy with the standard layout of osc BUT i would like to change the background colour from white to a light cream colour if possible

i think i prob need to change something on the stylesheet but i do not know how or what! how do i choose the colour?

thanks

hi thanks

do you mean:

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

if so what do i change and to what?

how do i know what colour is what?

background: #ffffff;

That one, use an imaging program that uses hex codes to show the colours, then find the colour you want and copy /paste the hex code over.

#ffffff = White #000000 = black #333333 = grey regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

thank you

i have managed to change it

can you tell me what i need to change to amend the background colour behind the header (logo)?

thanks

ive worked it out but where i designed my own logo for the header, its a rounded shape and because the picture file is rectangular, the background in the pic file is white so osc wont let me change this becus it thinks its part of my logo, any ideas how i edit my logo so the background is clear?

Guys,

While we're on this topic of customizing the look and feel, how do I change the whole thing so it's in the center of the page (you know thick margin on bot right and left sides) and how do I add navigation tabs at the top?

Are there ready made tabs in oscommerce or do I need to import them from somewhere else or make them myself?

Thanks in advance,

Guys,

I'm not trying to be nasty, but the answers to these questions have been posted hundreds of times.

Plus most of your answers can be found from the link above - Solutions > Documentations.

Just trying to help point everyone in the right direction.

;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I agree jhandle.. I am fairly new to the forum, but i seriously have seen the SAME question asked a THOUSAND TIMES (i guess thats why lots of people have the documentation links in their signature) but really, there is definitely a TON of good info here, but SEARCH before you ask.

I am on a mac forum, and when you go to post, there is a button that says CLICK TO SEE IF IT HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE.. so you type your question and click that FIRST.. THEN ask questions if theres no answer.

Forum searches are never SUPER great, but did you also know that if you type into the GOOGLE search

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums then just type your search here

you will get ONLY content from the site that comes directly after site:

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I want to find the Walled Garden communities which the Help Vampire can rarely penetrate.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived