• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping

hi im setting up an osc site in the uk and need help with shipping modules!

i do not know the weights of my items but the courier charge by weight so i want to use royal mail for small items and say ups for larger items

one way i thought i could do this was put all 'small items' weight as 1 and all 'larger items' weight as say 100 and then set the shippin for weights ova 100 to go via ups and any under 100 to go via royal mail - unless a customer brought 100 'small' items they would not get charged ups rates

BUT how do i set up these two couriers and how do i achieve what im lookin for

i dont want the customer to be able to choose royal mail for large items

i hope this makes sense cause im confused

help appreciated

one way i thought i could do this was put all 'small items' weight as 1 and all 'larger items' weight as say 100 and then set the shippin for weights ova 100 to go via ups and any under 100 to go via royal mail - unless a customer brought 100 'small' items they would not get charged ups rates

you can do different way, if you look into my contributions, you will find the "Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods for specific categories of products" contribution which allow to select the Royal Mail as shipping method for specific categories of the products.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

You can use one of the product fields that is unused or add an additional product field.

Use this field as a flag to distinguish between small and large item.

If there is one large item in the cart code should logicaly consider shipping for large else for small.

So in shipping Module disable/enable applying a chek on cart for type of items.

This definitely needs PHP code but not a mich will be needed.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived