• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help

raymorley

hi all im new to this sciped but i have to say it seems really smart but i downloaded and installed the scriped to my site fine but the produut prices have not showed up on the main page but when i read the info it says

This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes

how do i go about sorting this out will i have to pay for it and if so where as i cant see anythign about paying for this anywhere at all if you can help me out on how to stop the default setup thing that will be good thanks

Ray,

You can remove the sample items that come with the OSC software. Once you have removed the sample products you can add your own......including price and description.

Chris

hi all im new to this sciped but i have to say it seems really smart but i downloaded and installed the scriped to my site fine but the produut prices have not showed up on the main page but when i read the info it says

This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes

how do i go about sorting this out will i have to pay for it and if so where as i cant see anythign about paying for this anywhere at all if you can help me out on how to stop the default setup thing that will be good thanks

osCommerce is free there are no license fees to make it live....

READ THE TEXT ON YOUR FRONT PAGE, IT TELLS YOU HOW TO REMOVE IT.....

thats cool then

but iv removed all the sample items out now and wonted to to add one of my items it all worked with the info and price of my items but when i go to check it on the main page of the site i see my items but the price of it is Not showing at all but in my admin the price is there do i need to set anythign for it to show on the main index page

im usely ok with scripes but this as puzeld me lol

Ray,

Perhaps it would help you if you looked at other OSC sites to see how they are set up. OSC can be used 'out of the box' but in most cases people tend to make some modifications to it that suits their needs.

At the top of this page you will see 'Showcases'......click Live Shops.......to see how other shops are set up.

Chris

Archived