• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a flash slideshow with active links

CrUser

Can this be done?

1. when I add a "New Product" i want the admin form to show

NEW -> Product Manufacturer: |______V| (select from dropdown)

NEW -> Product Category: |______V| (select from dropdown)

Products Status:

Date Available:

2.The program adds the product + adds the image to the correct location using the file system below.

When adding a Manufacturer, the program adds a directory using the Manufacturer's name specified in the add Manufacturer form.

When adding a Category, I select a Manufacturer from a drop down list, the program then adds a directory in the assigned Manufacturer's directory specified in the add Category form .

images

--products

----manufacture_1

----manufacture_1.jpg

------category_1

------category_1.jpg

--------large

----------product_1.jpg

----------product_2.jpg

----------product_3.jpg

----------product_4.jpg

----------product_5.jpg

--------thumb

----------product_1.jpg

----------product_2.jpg

----------product_3.jpg

----------product_4.jpg

----------product_5.jpg

------category_2

------category_2.jpg

--------large

----------product_1.jpg

----------product_2.jpg

----------product_3.jpg

--------thumb

----------product_1.jpg

----------product_2.jpg

----------product_3.jpg

----manufacture_2

----manufacture_2.jpg

------category_1

------category_1.jpg

--------large

----------product_1.jpg

----------product_2.jpg

--------thumb

----------product_1.jpg

----------product_2.jpg

3. I need the database to produce this XML code "catelog.xml" - creating one category block for every set of products in their assigned manufacture / category

<catalog>

<category name="manufacture_1 category_1" descrition="add this field to osc database" tn="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/category_1.jpg" lgPath="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/large" tnPath="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/thumb">

<product name="product_1" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/product_1.jpg" />

<product name="product_2" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/product_2.jpg" />

<product name="product_3" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/product_3.jpg" />

<product name="product_4" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/product_4.jpg" />

<product name="product_5" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_1/product_5.jpg" />

</category>

<category name="manufacture_1 category_2" descrition="add this field to osc database" tn="images/products/manufacture_1/category_2/category_2.jpg" lgPath="images/products/manufacture_1/category_2/large" tnPath="images/products/manufacture_1/category_2/thumb">

<product name="product_1" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_2/product_1.jpg" />

<product name="product_2" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_2/product_2.jpg" />

<product name="product_3" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_1/category_2/product_3.jpg" />

</category>

<category name="manufacture_2 category_1" descrition="add this field to osc database" tn="images/products/manufacture_2/category_1/category_1.jpg" lgPath="images/products/manufacture_2/category_1/large" tnPath="images/products/manufacture_2/category_1/thumb">

<product name="product_1" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_2/category_1/product_1.jpg" />

<product name="product_2" descrition="product descrition" link="the normal link from osc with session" img="images/products/manufacture_2/category_1/product_2.jpg" />

</category>

</catalog>

I hope someone out there has the help i need, i think this add on will be very nice...

Thanks

Archived