• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing Confirmation Email

raularenas

I need to modify the confirmation email sent to the customer when they place an order. Which files need i edit?

catalog\includes\languages\english\checkout_process.php

The email configuration is in checkout_process.php. Search for

// lets start with the email confirmation

around line 250

Cheers

Deivid

Thank You Thank You! :rolleyes:

Attentively,

Raúl

catalog\includes\languages\english\checkout_process.php

Ok, I looked at these this file and just need to add some text and a few google map images. What's the best way to get this done please?

Attentively,

Raúl

Thank You Thank You! :rolleyes:

Also, is there a way I can send different email comfirmations based on the purchased product?

For example, I run a booking service for tours and activities. Some activities such as skydiving do not provide hotel pick-up, so if a customers books this activity I would like the confirmation to contain a driving directions and a small google map image. Obviously, if they book an activity such as snorkeling, the map and directions would NOT be the same. I thought of creating a generic confirmation with all the maps and directions, but don't really want to disclose additional locations unless customer books these activities.

Any suggestions?

Attentively,

Raúl

Also, is there a way I can send different email comfirmations based on the purchased product?

For example, I run a booking service for tours and activities. Some activities such as skydiving do not provide hotel pick-up, so if a customers books this activity I would like the confirmation to contain a driving directions and a small google map image. Obviously, if they book an activity such as snorkeling, the map and directions would NOT be the same. I thought of creating a generic confirmation with all the maps and directions, but don't really want to disclose additional locations unless customer books these activities.

Any suggestions?

Methinks you need to install google maps and email attachment addons from the contributions area. Or you inclide the map with the product info.

Archived