• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

success text for contact

blr044

Posting here because I feel this is not really a contribution.

For over a week i have been working on getting the request free catalog to work. After about four days, I was not able to get the contribution - Request free printed catalog - to work properly. So I took the contact_us php and duplicated. then went in to change some code and added dome fields ex: address and catalog drop-down box.

Now I call this file as free_catalog.php which is accessible from left column.As far as filling in the fields and even recieving the email of the request works fine.

But a minor issue lies with the success page. Instead of the text success message customers would see, it acually displays TEXT_SUCCESS instead.

Here is my free_catalog_success language file code:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Thank You for Your Catalog Request');
define('NAVBAR_TITLE_1', 'Thank You');
define('HEADING_TITLE_ADD_ENTRY', 'Thank You for Your Catalog Request');
define('NEW_ADDRESS_TITLE', 'Please type your mailing address here:');
define('SUCCESS_CATALOG_REQUEST_SENT', '<p>Thank you for your interest in our print catalog.</p><p>Your catalog request has arrived at our web server and you should expect to receive your catalog within about two weeks. Thank you for taking the time to visit us.</p>');
?>

I also changed the contact_us to free_catalog in the new file that I created. So am asking from this forum , what am I forgetting?

Thanks.

blr044

If you want it to display the SUCCESS_CATALOG_REQUEST_SENT message instead, find the line in your /catalog/contact_us.php with TEXT_SUCCESS in it.

It will look somethiing like this:

<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_man_on_board.gif', HEADING_TITLE, '0', '0', 'align="left"') . TEXT_SUCCESS; ?></td>

Alter it to display your message instead:

<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_man_on_board.gif', HEADING_TITLE, '0', '0', 'align="left"') . SUCCESS_CATALOG_REQUEST_SENT; ?></td>

Or you could change this code:

define('SUCCESS_CATALOG_REQUEST_SENT', '<p>Thank you for your interest in our print catalog.</p><p>Your catalog request has arrived at our web server and you should expect to receive your catalog within about two weeks. Thank you for taking the time to visit us.</p>');

to

define('TEXT_SUCCESS', '<p>Thank you for your interest in our print catalog.</p><p>Your catalog request has arrived at our web server and you should expect to receive your catalog within about two weeks. Thank you for taking the time to visit us.</p>');

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived