• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Restored my site after dissatisfied with MOD

blueenigma

Hi. I tried out a MOD that was suppose to allow me to have thumbnail pictures on my home page and large images in the pop up window. After installing the MOD I DID in fact have the dual columns to add both large and thumbnail pictures of my products, but the MOD never did work (ALL pictures in ALL windows were thumbnails, despite storing thumbnails in the designated 'thumbnail' slot and large pictures in the 'large pictures' slot). Needless to say, I decided to dump the MOD and RESTORE a saved version of my store (I backed up my store a few minutes before trying the MOD out, just in case). Now that the backup is done, I have this message at the top of my Categoreis/products page:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'p.large_products_image' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.large_products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '1' order by pd.products_name

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read through DOZENS of posts on here about this but because no two messages appear to be the same, it is difficult for me to follow the steps provided to other members. The fix appears to be location specific depending on what was modified. This is why I am starting this new thread.

If anyone can provide step by step instructions of how to get rid of this message I would appreciate it.

This is the MOD that I used: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5777

I decided to dump the MOD and RESTORE a saved version of my store (I backed up my store a few minutes before trying the MOD out, just in case).

If you backup the store you make a backup of the database. Not a backup of your PHP files. The error is because the files still use the fields added by that contribution, but the database doesn't contain the fields.

You will need to retrace the steps when you were adding that modification and undo the changes in the files.

that's the problem. I don't know how to undo it.

Since I placed the following MySql command in to install the MOD:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `large_products_image` VARCHAR( 64 ) AFTER `products_image`;

I figured placing the following call would undo it:

ALTER TABLE `products` DROP `large_products_image` VARCHAR( 64 ) AFTER `products_image`

It didn't work.

Then I tried: ALTER TABLE 'field list' DROP 'p.large_products_image'

It didn't work.

I tried at least half a dozen ways to get it to recall what I had done, but still have not figured it out.

I'm now thinking that I have to, one by one, delete each instance where the phrase

'p.large_products_image' appears in my template, but what .php file do I start with?? There MUST be some command that I can type into MySQL to delete it all in one shot. That is what I am struggling with.

IF THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD IS LISTENING, PLEASE HELP :'(

If anyone can view the MOD I used (perhaps the author of the MOD is out there looking???), and tell me, step by step, what I need to do to erase its traces, I would appreciate it.

It appears that there is some residue of the fields created by the MOD as there are still products that were associated with the fields. Im assuming that as a last resort, I reinstall the MOD- which won't necessarily harm me -(it didn't break my site...it just didn't work), but I don't want to have a useless modification attached to my site if I don't have to.

Now that the backup is done, I have this message at the top of my Categoreis/products page:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'p.large_products_image' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.large_products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '1' order by pd.products_name

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Jan said, you need to restore (re-edit) your PHP files back to the previous state. It's a good idea to make copies of your PHP files before editing them.

You received that error because that field is no longer in your database, but still being called in the products page.

It's best to go into your osC admin panel > tools > database backup and restore a previous version (before your editing).

Once you get that all fixed up, might I suggest using the big_images v1.25 contribution. It works wonderful for having a seperate thumbnail and a larger popup image. ;)

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I'm now thinking that I have to, one by one, delete each instance where the phrase

'p.large_products_image' appears in my template, but what .php file do I start with?? There MUST be some command that I can type into MySQL to delete it all in one shot. That is what I am struggling with.

You are mixing two things - your MySQL database and your PHP files. There is no way to undo what you edited in your PHP files other than by hand. Follow the directions you followed when installing the mod, just undo and but back into the PHP files what it told you to replace or add.

Follow my previous post to fix your database. Hopefully you have a previously saved version. :huh:

I retraced my steps and all is well. In order to add the MOD, I had to overwrite three seperate .php files with .php files provided by the author. Luckily, I saved all three original .php files on my desktop before doing this. I went back and replaced each of the three files, and voila, the error message is gone. All of my products are still there. Oh happy day!!!!!

PS: they were the popup_image.php and two categories.php files

Glad to hear you're ok.

Good thing you saved a copy of those files. ;)

Archived