• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL Error

I am getting this error when I try to access MySQL, can anyone help me out? "please"

this error is preventing me from adding any contributions to my site which is a real pain.

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

regards

Bruce

Hi

Thanks for posting afterdarkacc..

I'm a newbie with no knowledge of MySQL. But have an understnding that its really central to me making the changes to osc that I want if my store is going to do the stuff I want. I can see there are some contributions that allow you to run SQL scipts from Admin. Would either of you be able to answer a query I have about SL and scripts please?

If I already have phpMyAdmin on my server is there any benefit in having something like the run_sql add-on installed? And what do sql scripts do anyway? Hope you dont mind me butting in. Hope you can help.

Thanks!

No benefit at all unless you a scared/worried/tentative about using phpmy admin.

Sql scripts can change the table/table structure/add content, in fact anything you can do using phpmyadmin.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Table = file

Structure = fields in the table / type of data in a field/ size of the data in the field

Content = information actually stored in the table.

For more info try www.w3schools.com

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived