• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After a brief updating header.php file my whole online store is gone!

baedesign

I need you help ASAP.

After updating header.php file, the whole online store is gone.

I realized that I uploaded incorrect header file(previous version of my online store which is now different)

the current online store is gone.

When I tried to access index page, it asked me to install a NEW SHOP!

I worked on this current store for two months but everything has gone now.

Anyone can help me to restore this?

I re uploaded os commerce files such as inculdes, admin and other files.

I did not back up data base.

Please help me to resolve this matter.

I appreciate your help greatly.

If all you did was edit files, your database should be fine. If your shop is failing because of some change to a file, ask your host to restore the files (not the database). Most hosts will have a backup of your site but it may get replaced with the next backup, which would make it invalid so you should ask quickly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If all you did was edit files, your database should be fine. If your shop is failing because of some change to a file, ask your host to restore the files (not the database). Most hosts will have a backup of your site but it may get replaced with the next backup, which would make it invalid so you should ask quickly.

Jack

Thank you for your quick answer.

I think it is too late to ask them to restore.

It's been more than 10 hours since it happened.

Is there any other way that I can restore my shop?

I did re install that shop again too because it asked me to do it.

Did I do something wrong here???

I have original online shop files though..

But I DID NOT make any changes to the database. I only uploaded wrong header but replaced with correct one.

I suggest that you first make a backup of the files there now. They may not be correct but this sort of problem can get worse as changes are made so having that backup would ensure that you can at least get back to there.

Be sure you don't have an install.php file in the root of the shop. That would casue the problem you are having.

When uploading files, only upload those from the shop side. Even if the admin side is broken, only work on one problem at a time.

Next, you can upload all of the files from the standard shop if that is what you had, except for the includes/configure.php file. If you used a template, then upload the files from that.

The above should get you going. The shop may not look like it did but you can sort that out later.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived