• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

weirdness with my centered website

lindsayanng

I centered my site a while back using SPOOKS method of using <div> tags. it was REALLY easy, but there is one little glitch that i must have missed.

Basically the entire site is centered EXCEPT when you go to look at NEW ARTICLES.. it is very weird because all of the other articles pages work just fine!

any suggestions??

here is the link to the main site:

Furry Family Home

Furry Family New Articles

thanks guys!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Try this in your stylesheet:

#content {
width: 900px;
margin: auto;
text-align:center;
}

All I added in the px in this line:

width: 900px;

And also this, I think:

TD.headerCart {
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 12px;
 background-image: url('images/navbartable.gif');
 background-repeat: repeat;
 background-position: center;
text-align: center;
}

In the last code segment you have the background image syntax incorrect.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

hmmm that is weird .... in articles_new.php the div content in your stylesheet isn't picking up the width property in your stylesheet where as the other pages are ...

The only thing that I could see in your stylesheet that MIGHT be causing it is your content selectors property for width

In your stylesheet you have it declared like this:

/*center main content*/
#content {
width: 900; margin: auto;
border: 0px solid #999999;
}

try changing it to:

/*center main content*/
#content {
width: 900px; margin: auto;
border: 0px solid #999999;
}

(Adding px to your width value)

[edit]ARGHHH germ beat me to it!![/edit] :P

thanks to BOTH of you.. even though he beat you to it, i ended up reading your first because clicking brought me to the most recent post.. YOURS

eitherway, you BOTH helped.. I am off to see if that fixes it.

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

VERY NICE.. Worked perfectly.. odd that only ONE of the pages would pick up on that.. VERY odd.

thank you!!

sLaV-, I've got a "quicker clicker"....

B)

:lol:

It is bizarre how it only affected the one page....

:huh:

Lindsay,

You still haven't corrected background image problem.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

nope.. i havent.. I have been doing some searching of templates and other pet supplies websites, and i have a new idea of what i want my header to look like (i know, i changed it a THOUSAND times!!)

i saw a fun template that had a neat header where the main categories were actually in the header.. they were just little circles with a picture of the animal inside and you just click on those.. that way i can use the spot where the MAIN CATEGORIES are for products or advertisements.

Archived