• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Needed with Broken Categories Admin

matthew_scullion

Our ISP recently upgraded the PHP and MySQL versions on our server to 4.4.8 and 5.0.51 respectively. Since then, whenever I click on Admin->Categories I get an HTTP error with no specific details of what is going wrong. All other areas of both the front end site, and the Admin section, seem to work fine.

I am running OSC 2.2-MS2 with some mods and anything that uses admin/categories.php seems to fail with the same error, quoted below:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at secure.yourlightsource.co.uk Port 443

Can anyone give me any help as to what this problem may be, how to fix it, or at least which logs etc to check to diagnose it further? Any help would be much appreciated as at the moment this is stopping us manage our catalog.

Thanks in advance.

any errors logs?

try to remove the .htaccess file or php.ini from the admin folder...

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

any errors logs?

try to remove the .htaccess file or php.ini from the admin folder...

Hi.

I cannot see any obvious error logs. There is a file in the admin folder called error_log but it's empty.

.htaccess and php.ini are already deleted.

Where else is there likely to be any error tracking information do you think?

Cheers.

Archived