• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Add Ons

glamourfish

Does the latest version of Oscommerce need the paypal addons as before? If so can anybody recommend some? There seems to be so many available I am not sure what's the best ones to go for.

if at first you do succeed...try not to look surprised!

I'm a noob at Oscommerce, but I've configured Paypal Web payments standard to work without any addons required. What paypal payment system are you using?

I haven't set mine up yet for my current site. But about 2 years ago I did a website using oscommerce & had terrible paypals problems where orders weren't showing up if customers didn't return back to the website after payment, etc.

Was just wondering if the updated version of oscommerce covered these issues.

if at first you do succeed...try not to look surprised!

As far as I can tell (and I'm a noob don't forget) they've been solved. My site takes payment, transfers all the details to Paypal, then returns to my site when payment is completed. It's still in the testing phase, but so far, so good!

I use website payment standard from paypal.

Hi Matt

Can You tell us how you do that? I'm using the Paypal options from Oscommerce but it seems like you use it in a diffferent way, can you make a step by step instructions on how you do that, for us please?

Much appreciated!

Steven

The way I've currently got it set (and remember it's still in testing, so may not be correct yet!):

Admin->Modules->Payment;

Select Paypal Website Payments Standard, then follow the instructions on the right (you don't need the certificates about halfway down). Enter your paypal email address. Thats about it from the OScommerce side.

The trick is configuring paypal to work properly. You need to enable website payments standard on there (unfortunately I did it a while ago and can't remember the options) Then from there you can set it to process payments, and return back to your website.

I'm currently at work, I'll try and dig out the details for Paypal tonight when I get back from looking at wedding brochures and other tedious stuff ;)

Archived