• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

submitted a sitemap and got this error?

submitted a sitemap to google and got this error?

is this a big deal...im a newbie so be gentle :rolleyes:

The requested URL /function.mysql-connect was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Did you use one of the contributions to create the sitemap? If not, you should try installing one of those frist. I recommend google sitemap 1.3 by Chemo. If you do have one installed, try lookin at the feed to see what the link is - whether it is valid.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You'll need to contact that site for support issues then. A better approach is to use the contribution I mentioned since it is known to work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You'll need to contact that site for support issues then. A better approach is to use the contribution I mentioned since it is known to work.

Jack

will check it out,thanks

ok i set up the sitemap contrib.

i had it set to run / update at midnight (cronjob)...its now 1:19 am

should i have received an email by now?

how do i know if its working??

thanks

heres the email i received:

/bin/sh: /home/trip***/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php: No such file or directory

trip*** <-- i added those for posting on the forum.

The command is invalid. You need to contact your host and ask for the correct syntax.

Jack

they are the ones who set this one up?

They can easily test it from their side so you may ask that they do that. Also, if you are able, try changing it to

php /home/trip***/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php

Although your host may require an explicit path to php so that could fail too. In that case, without their help, you may never get it to work.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

They can easily test it from their side so you may ask that they do that. Also, if you are able, try changing it to
php /home/trip***/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php

Although your host may require an explicit path to php so that could fail too. In that case, without their help, you may never get it to work.

Jack

i beleive it may be home2 instead of home so i changed it to that.

is there a way i can test it as i will have to wait till midnight everytime to see if a change worked?

would it be ok to set it to every 2 hours or something like that so i dont have to wait?

i will try php/ as well if this doesnt work...thanks

Yes, you can have it update when you like if you know how to edit the cron job. The path definately has to be correct or it won't fail. I would think your host would know the correct path but, in case they don't, go to admin->Tools->Database Backups and the path is displayed on that page.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you can have it update when you like if you know how to edit the cron job. The path definately has to be correct or it won't fail. I would think your host would know the correct path but, in case they don't, go to admin->Tools->Database Backups and the path is displayed on that page.

Jack

yep it has home2 in there.

ill find out if it works in a couple hours.

ok that php code worked.

i do get this message at the top of my sitemaps?

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

is this ok?

also i only have to hit the submit the send to google link 1 time (in the email) ...then it will be automated from then on,correct?

If you used the version I suggested, it displays the instructions on the page when you run it. Once your sitemap is uploaded, wait 24 hours and go into your google sitemap account to see if it was accepted and if there are any errors. Once all of that is working fine, it will be automatic from then on although you should have cron send you the emails so you will know that it is working, unless you check your google account regularly.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you use one of the contributions to create the sitemap? If not, you should try installing one of those frist. I recommend google sitemap 1.3 by Chemo. If you do have one installed, try lookin at the feed to see what the link is - whether it is valid.

Jack

Hi,

I have downloaded google sitemap 1.3 by Chemo as recommended. I haven't installed it yet. I am wondering if I want to add a Dynamic sitemap do I have to download another contribution as well? If so which one would you recommend? I would need one that is easy to install, if possible.

I have installed Ultimate SEO urls updated version 21d so I would need something that works with this contribution.

Thank you in advance,

ALexandra

• 1 month later...

Archived