• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving the Quick Search

ASherbuck

Hello,

(I'm new, very new) My background is in VB and php looks oh so very foreign to the HTML I used to play with 8 years ago. Anyway I've got OSCommerce up and I'm having fun changing 1 thing and having my entire site not load, then figuring out what I changed, changing it back and trying again. One thing I haven't gotten the hang out yet is the infoboxes, I would like to move my quick search up to where the bread crumb is located, but I can't really figure out how to go about doing such.

Is their an admin package in the contributions section somewhere that has a nice little command center feel to it? Something that lets you do common changes and fixes without digging around in the code. I just don't have the spare time to devote to learning a new language right now and would like to get something basic going.

its quick and easy to edit the column_left.php file. Move: require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php'); up the list to the top. Its that simple.

Chris

its quick and easy to edit the column_left.php file. Move: require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php'); up the list to the top. Its that simple.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

That actually taught me more about how php works than all the poking around I've been doing so far.

Archived