• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help on Layout of OSC

ericmced

hows it going everybody?

i am currently working with:

www.sciencegifts.com/osc

i have a question regarding the layout of the product pages. i am a beginner with PHP, and i am trying to put the product images above the descriptions. Right now all of the images are below the descriptions and if anybody can help me adjust this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot and look forward to reading posts.....

-Eric McEdward

Hi Eric,

This will put the Name and the price above the image.

Open catalog / includes / modules / new_products.php

Find (Around line, 84.

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])));

################################################################################

###############

REPLACE WITH

################################################################################

###############

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>');

Regards

NIc

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Nlc,

thanks so much for your response. you gave me instructions on how to put the name and the price above the image. i am trying to get the image above the product description. is this going to help this problem as well or is this for something entirely different? if you could get back to me asap it would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for the help.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

This will put the Name and the price above the image.

Open catalog / includes / modules / new_products.php

Find (Around line, 84.

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])));

###############

REPLACE WITH

###############

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>');

Regards

NIc

Archived