• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Problems - 401 Authorization Required

HydroHarry

Hello,

I've had an osCommerce store for about a year now, no problems. I have made no recent updates or add-ons. When I log into my control panel I see the normal buttons - Configuration, Catalog, Customers...

When I click any of these it gives me an error - 401 - Authorization Required - Invalid Login Credentials.

But I can type mydomain.com/admin/orders.php and it will come up, already logged in and show the list of orders. But then I still can't click any of the orders to view or edit else it gives me the 401 error again.

Good news for me then is that the info is still there, just a problem accessing it. It does not seem to forward to the correct page, just defaults to the 401 error code.

Any advice on my problem is appreciated!!!

re-set the password via cPanel or other control panel.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I am not using the newest RC version, I am on the MS2 version. I changed the password, and still get the same 401 Authorization Required error.

I have a full backup from about a week ago I can use, but I believe will lose all orders between those two times. Is there a way to physically pull up the orders, so I can print hard copies - then I will restore from the backup.

What could have caused this problem???

I am not using the newest RC version, I am on the MS2 version. I changed the password, and still get the same 401 Authorization Required error.

I have a full backup from about a week ago I can use, but I believe will lose all orders between those two times. Is there a way to physically pull up the orders, so I can print hard copies - then I will restore from the backup.

Appears that some htaccess file or some configuration change has resulted in wrong URL on click(paste url where is says "401 - Authorization Required - Invalid Login Credentials").

The other probability is Your session ID or cookie are either wrong or expiring.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived