• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please comment on my site...

pedrordiaz

Images are slow loading, you may want to try page cache. I like that it does not look like the "stock" osC store. With the types of products you sell, you may want your category and product thumbnail images larger, like your services links. Templates link does not click. From Samples to Specials your category box links change... it looks like the whole site shifts.

Due to the length of the left side, you have a lot of unused real estate on the bottom of the site... I would consider moving the information links (custom quotes, etc) to the footer.

Hope this is helpful.

I can see you got the search working well done :)

If you want feedback on your store post it in the Feedback on my store section ...

Also you will need the Powered by osCommerce text in your footer to receive feedback from the community

Images are slow loading, you may want to try page cache. I like that it does not look like the "stock" osC store. With the types of products you sell, you may want your category and product thumbnail images larger, like your services links. Templates link does not click. From Samples to Specials your category box links change... it looks like the whole site shifts.

Due to the length of the left side, you have a lot of unused real estate on the bottom of the site... I would consider moving the information links (custom quotes, etc) to the footer.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you so muuch! what is page cache? i am new to osc... sorry.

I can see you got the search working well done :)

If you want feedback on your store post it in the Feedback on my store section ...

Also you will need the Powered by osCommerce text in your footer to receive feedback from the community

Yes! i was up all ight! but i finally got it to work! lol.

sLaV - are you familiar with SPPC?

as for the tag on the footer that is on my to do list.

Yes! i was up all ight! but i finally got it to work! lol.

sLaV - are you familiar with SPPC?

as for the tag on the footer that is on my to do list.

You can activate your cache through your admin section of the store www.printchemist.com/admin then clicking on Configuration then Cache and setting Use Cache to true

Unfortunately I havn't had the need to use SPPC so wouldn't be of much help there sorry :( :(

Make sure you add the Powered by osCommerce text in your footer before requesting for feedback in the Feedback on my store section otherwise your post could be locked/trashed

You can activate your cache through your admin section of the store www.printchemist.com/admin then clicking on Configuration then Cache and setting Use Cache to true

Unfortunately I havn't had the need to use SPPC so wouldn't be of much help there sorry :( :(

Make sure you add the Powered by osCommerce text in your footer before requesting for feedback in the Feedback on my store section otherwise your post could be locked/trashed

sLaV - thank you! what does having the cache TRUE do?

We have done the special price per customer before, it comes in handy. Are you having trouble with a specific aspect?

We have done the special price per customer before, it comes in handy. Are you having trouble with a specific aspect?

lol, i am having problems with the ENTIRE thing. as ive mentioned before i know NOTHING about php and osc. i need a very thorough walk thru. can you please help?

sLaV - thank you! what does having the cache TRUE do?

In computer science, a cache is a collection of data duplicating original values stored elsewhere or computed earlier, where the original data is expensive to fetch (owing to longer access time) or to compute, compared to the cost of reading the cache. In other words, a cache is a temporary storage area where frequently accessed data can be stored for rapid access. Once the data is stored in the cache, future use can be made by accessing the cached copy rather than re-fetching or recomputing the original data, so that the average access time is shorter.

So in other words your site will load faster :)

SPPC is relatively easy to follow. Just make sure you have all your old and new files in appropriate structure. It may not be the best one to start with though, it does have quite a few steps. You may want to try some easier contribs before you dive into it or contract someone to take care of this one if you want it done right away.

What about reducing the main image to a GIF? I did a quick test and reduced the image size to ~96k from the original 226k without perceptible loss of quality(to me anyway). Otherwise the site looks good to me.

regards

Archived