• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Payment Standard

duy

Hello, Everyone!

Recently, my customers are having difficulties checking out items at my store using paypal. After they created an account and entered shipping address and checked "paypal as a payment method" and click on confirm order,at this step, it usually directs to paypal page to completed payment, however during the last couple of days, it does directs to paypal but it gives like an error or something like this:

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

I called paypal and asked them about the problem and did some research on google but no luck. I looked through this forum but coudn't find an answer, maybe I've overlooked, Please help!

Edited by duy

Steps to analyse:

1)If You can write whats posted to paypal on file and analyse or paste here that will help.

Probably shipping related values are either going blank or have some faulty value.

So just get the details of the request thats getting posted to paypal so as to comment further.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I posted about this a few weeks back - I can assure you that PayPal will pretty much tell you that they have no idea what is happening.

I know that it has something to do with the customer's shipping address from your store not exactly matching up with their PayPal shipping address. I found the code in the php that over-rides this mismatched shipping address issue, if you want to try that out. This should be the link - PayPal Standard Module & Return to Merchant Error Hopefully, I've posted the post ID correctly - but this is the title for my original post if you don't get taken to the correct post.

Basically, everyone is NOT going to be using the same shipping address from order to order - some people want items sent out as gifts or to addresses other than what is in their paypal account - and boy, that sure would be inconvenient to have to log into paypal first to change the shipping address to match up for each and every order that they may want to send out to other people....

Good Luck and be well,

Hi LunarLive,

I have registered on this forum especially to thank you for the advice below, not only did your link work (to your other post) but your solution seemed to work immediately.

As I am only offering digital download products this was not a check I needed.

All the best!

Carl Henry

I posted about this a few weeks back - I can assure you that PayPal will pretty much tell you that they have no idea what is happening.

I know that it has something to do with the customer's shipping address from your store not exactly matching up with their PayPal shipping address. I found the code in the php that over-rides this mismatched shipping address issue, if you want to try that out. This should be the link - PayPal Standard Module & Return to Merchant Error Hopefully, I've posted the post ID correctly - but this is the title for my original post if you don't get taken to the correct post.

Basically, everyone is NOT going to be using the same shipping address from order to order - some people want items sent out as gifts or to addresses other than what is in their paypal account - and boy, that sure would be inconvenient to have to log into paypal first to change the shipping address to match up for each and every order that they may want to send out to other people....

Good Luck and be well,

www.Carl-Henry.com

Helping people & companies make money online with websites

Thanks for the feedback Carl, and the reassurance that I'm not the only one who has no need to be bothered with a correctly formated shipping address between my shop and paypal.

Be well,

J Mc

Hi LunarLive,

I have registered on this forum especially to thank you for the advice below, not only did your link work (to your other post) but your solution seemed to work immediately.

As I am only offering digital download products this was not a check I needed.

All the best!

Carl Henry