• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I have some simple problems (i hope)

yoursoccershirts

i have images i want to put on my website.

They are website buttons but i don't know what php file i have to edit.

I know how to change the image, im just not sure what files to edit, i was able to change the buttons for myaccount, cart and checkout in the includes/header.php file but can't find the others.

view my webpage and you can see the buttons im talking about.

http://yoursoccershirts.com/shop/

quick find button,

english in the languages box,

back buttons

continue buttons etc.

is there 1 php file where i can edit them at once or have they all to be edited in seperate php files??

------------------------------------

Also what and where do i edit he includes/header.php file to center my website logo, ive read the quick tips section part 19 but im still lost :(??

thanks in advance :)

Buttons and text on them (in English or any other language) so they are stored in the language folder. Each button is a separate image but there are some CSS contributions for buttons if you want to create just one blank one and use that.

Buttons and text on them (in English or any other language) so they are stored in the language folder. Each button is a separate image but there are some CSS contributions for buttons if you want to create just one blank one and use that.

Sorry mate, i don't mean to sound smart but i don't understand what you mean, i don't know a whole lot about css etc, but i know how to edit the files, if i knew what file i have to edit.

e.g Shop/includes/header.php

thanks for the reply though

You need to simply overwrite the old buttons with your new buttons. Most (not all) buttons will be in /includes/languages/english/images/buttons (If I recall correctly)

when i downloaded the program i had no buttons folder in images, so i had to create my own folder but i don't know how to change the icons.

is it possible from here: public_html/shop/includes/languages/english.php

and editing these lines?

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_ADDRESS', 'Add Address');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_ADDRESS_BOOK', 'Address Book');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK', 'Back');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');

Etc.

Does anyone know what part of the line i edit so it will display my image? if someone could quote the above and edit in red text. my buttons folder is in Images/Buttons/.

Stop.

These define are the "alt text" of the buttons, not the buttons themselves.

You need to have a bit better understanding of how the file structure in osCommerce works, before you do much more.

Stop.

These define are the "alt text" of the buttons, not the buttons themselves.

You need to have a bit better understanding of how the file structure in osCommerce works, before you do much more.

Your right i need to learn lots more, but ive managed to edit the myaccount/cart/checkout buttons on the home page, can you tell me were i can edit the buttons for

Continue

Search

Back

reviews

etc

I know i have to edit the image name to the image i want to display but what file are they found?

BURT JUST DID!!

he just told you that MOST of the buttons you are looking for is in the catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons folder

you cant edit them with code, however. You have to re-create a new button and upload it to that spot to replace it with the same name.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

BURT JUST DID!!

he just told you that MOST of the buttons you are looking for is in the catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons folder

you cant edit them with code, however. You have to re-create a new button and upload it to that spot to replace it with the same name.

thats my problem when i installed the program i never had a buttons folder in images, i created a folder myself and uploaded images to it but they are not showing up :(

Edit: Opps sorry i think i understand now, in the includes folder, i read the post wrong, i was thinking shop/images folder.

im sorry

Archived