• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product import

hi all - i am new to oscommerce and do have someone designing my website for me. however, i thought that it would be useful to learn product import/export on my own when i would need to change products by myself. so here i am trying to get the product import working but to no avail... i have 2 lines on my text file (the header + 1 line of data as noted below)

"products_id","products_quantity","products_model","products_image","products_price","products_date_added","products_last_modified","products_date_available","products_weight","products_status","products_tax_class_id","manufacturers_id","products_ordered"

"100","1000","60-781-669","60-781-669.jpg","2000.00","2008-07-22","2008-07-22","NULL","0.00","1","0","0","0"

however, it appears that when i try and import it, the system is not accepting because of error "Invalid field count in CSV input on line 1."

can someone explain to me what this means and how i can resolve this? thanks. you can contact me at [email protected] with the reply if you wish or post here.

thanks very much. i appreciate all the detailed help i can get. :-)

How are you trying to import this file?

What is the name of the contribution and version no?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if you sorted this, but it's caused by trying to import a CSV (comma delimited) file where one of your entries has a comma in it.

The import thinks that you have an extra column then - and it falls over.

Archived