• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any feedback is appreciated on my store selling ethnic jewelry, bag and clothes

isinoshop

At first, I don't know about html and pph language. Besides these programmes, from Acdsee to flash, I learned from zero. Half a year passed, it becomes this:

www.isinoshop.com

In this forum, I found SSL and SEO URL are very popular feedbacks to many websites. I don't have SSL, because I only accept paypal payment now. When checkouting, before buyer entering their credit card number and password, they have already been in Paypal page where there is SSL. I also don't have SEO URL, because I found all my pages from index.php to sub-subcategory page are all can be seen on Google Search Engine.

My shop is a wholesaler( small wholesale, very low minmum order) of ethnic jewelry, clothes, bags, and paintings. If you don't have feedback about my webstie, advice about how and where to find my customers is also appreciated. Thanks.

live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

of course, my site was powered by osc. Thank you for your reply.

I'll give you some feedback (you should probably be a little more patient)

but on to the website:

I think that your header should be bigger and more eyecatching.. that is the BRANDING of your store! You should keep that theme throughout your site by using similar header box images and fonts in other images.

I think that your categories box seems like it does not fit. It ALMOST looks like it is sitting on top of notebook paper. I would get rid of the boarder around each category and make it a plain white background

Your main content looks like it is all over the place. You have SMALL images that fade in and out, and then some ebay stuff, then a live chat image but they are VERY randomly placed. I think you can move the live help to a box on the right column, make an image for the ebay store and make the fading images larger and more prominent.

I would replace all of the generic oscommerce graphics like the write a review and add to cart buttons wwith something that matches your site better.

You have almost NO product descriptions, just a big image.. what material are they made of, are they hand made, do they symbolize anything?? ect..

Everything else is VERY stock oscommerce.

i think you need to make it more customized to your products.. for instance, tehre is a guy on here who sells a lot of jamacian and other ethnic items, he used the theme through out the store which made it VERY VERY memorable. Yours is very plain.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Dear lindsayanng, thank you very much for your reply. I am very patient about your advice.

First, my head is not eyecatching enough, I will think about putting some photoes or flash on.

Second, my category style is based on an contribution. I will reconsider it.

Third, I also think the ebay and live chat image is not in rigth place and will be better if put on right column.

Forth, I don't change generic oscommerce graphics for their color is not very different from my main color. But it realy should be better.

Fifth, most of the products have little description. I will add more later.

You said, there is a guy on here who sells a lot of jamacian and other ethnic items. Can you tell me about his url? I want to have a look.

Thank you again.

thanks for posting that.. i just didnt have the time to search through it./

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived