• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table rate shipping by weight at checkout

Mursunen

Hi all!

I am using OSC v2.2ms2 and have set up a few shops running on it.

The installation is as it was in the download, only images and other visual elements are changed.

I have installed no mods and made no changes to any of the code.

Only now I have needed to use the weight based table rate shipping, and stumbled into the following issue that seems to be in every store I've set up...

o All products have weights correctly set and they show ok.

o The shop zone is set.

o 'Show product weight on product list' is enabled.

o Table rate shipping is enabled and set to weight based.

o Table contents:

2:11.45,10:15.45,30:19.75,100:59.25

The problem is that at checkout the shipping price persistently remains zero.

If I change the shipping module as price based - all works ok.

Changing back to weight based makes it zero again.

So the module itself seems to be alive and working, maybe I have missed something simple in the shop settings?

Could someone who knows OSC better tell me what I may be missing here?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi all!

I am using OSC v2.2ms2 and have set up a few shops running on it.

The installation is as it was in the download, only images and other visual elements are changed.

I have installed no mods and made no changes to any of the code.

Only now I have needed to use the weight based table rate shipping, and stumbled into the following issue that seems to be in every store I've set up...

o All products have weights correctly set and they show ok.

o The shop zone is set.

o 'Show product weight on product list' is enabled.

o Table rate shipping is enabled and set to weight based.

o Table contents:

2:11.45,10:15.45,30:19.75,100:59.25

The problem is that at checkout the shipping price persistently remains zero.

If I change the shipping module as price based - all works ok.

Changing back to weight based makes it zero again.

So the module itself seems to be alive and working, maybe I have missed something simple in the shop settings?

Could someone who knows OSC better tell me what I may be missing here?

Thank you very much in advance!

i used this formula 25:2.99,50:4.99,

and it seems to work perfectly i just adjusted my wieghts of my products to match eg. light items =2 medium = 10 heavy = 55

try that i know it means changing all your product wieghts but i had the exact same problem as you and this worked, let me know how you get on.

peter.

i used this formula 25:2.99,50:4.99,

and it seems to work perfectly i just adjusted my wieghts of my products to match eg. light items =2 medium = 10 heavy = 55

try that i know it means changing all your product wieghts but i had the exact same problem as you and this worked, let me know how you get on.

peter.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the tip.

I tested with the formula you gave and also with different variations of it and of the one that I've used, however unfortunately the value persists on being zero.

Tested changing to price based - again works fine.

Do you have the weights visible at the checkout view?

I mean, do they need to be visible for making the calculation?

Thank you!

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the tip.

I tested with the formula you gave and also with different variations of it and of the one that I've used, however unfortunately the value persists on being zero.

Tested changing to price based - again works fine.

Do you have the weights visible at the checkout view?

I mean, do they need to be visible for making the calculation?

Thank you!

I too am having the same exact problem with weight-based table shipping. On your shipping module admin tab for table rate, do you show a pull down menu to change from kilo/pounds? The docs show this but none of the site I've installed over the years show this option? I have never had a client use the weight table, just the amount table, so I don't know that it has ever functioned correctly.

Any luck yet?

I too am having the same exact problem with weight-based table shipping. On your shipping module admin tab for table rate, do you show a pull down menu to change from kilo/pounds? The docs show this but none of the site I've installed over the years show this option? I have never had a client use the weight table, just the amount table, so I don't know that it has ever functioned correctly.

Any luck yet?

The documentation is for the next osc version.

The weights work if set up correctly.

The documentation is for the next osc version.

The weights work if set up correctly.

Thanks for the clarification on the docs but can you define 'The weights work if set up correctly'? I've set up the amount-based table rate many times before and had no problems.

Each product has an assigned weight and the shipping table rate is set to: 1:5.00,9:10.00,16:20.00

table_rate.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the clarification on the docs but can you define 'The weights work if set up correctly'? I've set up the amount-based table rate many times before and had no problems.

Each product has an assigned weight and the shipping table rate is set to: 1:5.00,9:10.00,16:20.00

table_rate.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

What is an an example of a products weight?

The table you have is eg up to 1 kg is $5.00, upto 9 kg is $10.00, up to 16kg is $20.00, 16kg and above is not specified.

What is an an example of a products weight?

The table you have is eg up to 1 kg is $5.00, upto 9 kg is $10.00, up to 16kg is $20.00, 16kg and above is not specified.

My client's products are all under 1 pound (I don't see an option on the control panel to switch between kilos and pounds, which spawned my earlier question about the docs) so there won't be any order over 16 pounds so I thought this would suffice?

Thanks for your help!

www.Maxspace.com

My client's products are all under 1 pound (I don't see an option on the control panel to switch between kilos and pounds, which spawned my earlier question about the docs) so there won't be any order over 16 pounds so I thought this would suffice?

Thanks for your help!

www.Maxspace.com

It does not matter what the unit is, either lbs, ounces, kg, grams, it just has to be consistent throughout the store.

Do you specify ounces and do they add to more than 16?

It does not matter what the unit is, either lbs, ounces, kg, grams, it just has to be consistent throughout the store.

Do you specify ounces and do they add to more than 16?

All products are specified in pounds, none are under one pound and all products add up to 47 pounds. The client apparently didn't think too much about the shipping rates but I also know that 99% of all orders have involved one product, which may have led to those figures.

The test orders I made were with one product that weighs one pound and the shipping is still not added.

All products are specified in pounds, none are under one pound and all products add up to 47 pounds. The client apparently didn't think too much about the shipping rates but I also know that 99% of all orders have involved one product, which may have led to those figures.

The test orders I made were with one product that weighs one pound and the shipping is still not added.

Does a shipping cost appear when the shipping method is selected? You may have to select a shipping zone.

Hi there

Units values are best ignored so long as you are consistent (as previously stated) - they can be pounds, ounces, grammes - I've just called them units below

You're table rate is set at

1:5.00, 9:10.00, 16:20

That says for cart weight

Up to 1 unit $5.00

Between 1 and 9 $10

Between 9 and 16 $20

Over 16 Free!

To stop over 16 being either just add more options e.g.

1:5.00, 9:10.00, 16:20, 20:25, 25:30

or

Under> Admin > Configuration > Shipping/Packaging

Set Maximum Package size to 16

This will then 'split' any orders over 16 units into multiples thereof and charge accordingly.

Also under> Admin > Configuration > Shipping/Packaging check the tare weight

Tare weight is, by default, 3 weight units - set to zero unless you want to have a tare weight in there to allow for packaging/handling/whatever

Otherwise the weight part of the table rate should work 'straight out of the box'

Graeme

• 4 weeks later...

"Otherwise the weight part of the table rate should work 'straight out of the box'"

That's what I thought as well and for price based it does work perfectly.

To this day I have been unable to make the weight based working at all.

The problem cannot be anymore caused by a bad weight table, I have tested every possible variation and example.

Could someone point out what is needed to be ok for the weight based table functionality to work?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
"Otherwise the weight part of the table rate should work 'straight out of the box'"

That's what I thought as well and for price based it does work perfectly.

To this day I have been unable to make the weight based working at all.

The problem cannot be anymore caused by a bad weight table, I have tested every possible variation and example.

Could someone point out what is needed to be ok for the weight based table functionality to work?

Thank you!

I have the exact same problem, the price function works fine but the weight option alway show 0.00.

Can anyone please help

• 3 weeks later...

place a much bigger higher limit.

Asw in the above content

Up to 1 unit $5.00

Between 1 and 9 $10

Between 9 and 16 $20

Over 16 Free!

so its not free above some wt.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

1:5.00, 9:10.00, 16:20

change this to

1:5.00, 9:10.00, 16:20,10000:20

Also go thru the comments just above this comment.

Saish

hey everyone, I was having this problem too until a few days ago (I sent a pm to the guy who started this thread for confirmation but no reply so i'll see if you guys wanna try it)

basically, in the admin configuration page, under shipping and packaging, where you have maximum weight you will ship, an tare weight etc,,,

change the maximum weight you will ship, to exactly the same weight as the highest weight in your table... for example, my table is:

100.00:1.95,250.00:2.60,500.00:3.40,750.00:4.65,1000.00:5.35,1250.00:5.95,1500.0

0:6.25,1750.00:6.98,2000.00:7.55,4000.00:9.66

i changed my 'maximum weight i will ship' to 4000.... an now the table works perfectly, I'd appreciate some feedback on this to see if it helped anyone else, if it works, please send me a pm coz the chances are i wont be able to find this thread again lol

Chris

Hey Guys,

Im having trouble as well and cant figure it out.

My items are the following:

Upto 500 grams is $7.50 and from 501 - 3000 grams is $9.50

is it right if i say .5:7.50,3:9.50 ?

Im confused these are the only 2 i need.

500:7.50,3000:9.50

Hi!

It seems Chris really cracked this one out, the weight based function works now perfectly!

In: Settings / Shipping & Packaging / Enter the maximum package weight you will ship...

I had there a value of 50000 which I remember never to have changed, so it must be just a default value.

My maximum weight based value was 100kg.

So, I changed this value also to 100 and presto - the functionality started to work right away.

I've now tested this in every way and it just works.

Thank you for everybody for your feedback, especially for Chris who saved my day (and maybe a few others' as well)!

-Marcus

• 3 months later...

Hi,

For Parcels under 2.5Kg the charge will be £10

For parcels between 2.6Kg to 15Kg the price will be £25

For Parcels between 16Kg to 30Kg the price will be £45

For this I use - 2.5:10,15:25,30:45

My product cost is £52.06 & product weight is 4.0 K.G when I go to checkout page there is table rate is £37.19

How it is calculated & this is wrong In point of table rate weight is £25 but show £37.19

I am not understand how it is comes.Any ones have any idea or suggestion to solve this problem.

please reply soon...

Thanx,

RG

Edited by rajat.matrix