• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

categories in to HTML page

Hi

I have a shop set up on mydomain.com/shop

however the rest the the website runs on html

If I want to put the shops categories into a html page so it can act like a menu to take peps from the Info side to the shop side how do I go about this?

many thanks in advance

Nigel

Hi

I have a shop set up on mydomain.com/shop

however the rest the the website runs on html

If I want to put the shops categories into a html page so it can act like a menu to take peps from the Info side to the shop side how do I go about this?

many thanks in advance

Nigel

You can't .. oscommerce runs on PHP.

Your shop should be in the root anyway it is a mistake to put it back a level in my experience.

Just run the whole site via oscommerce would be my suggestion.

Normaly when setting up shops I would have it in the root its one that I took over that was build by someone else and apart from the Bugs that I seem to find they must have used Fantistco to set it up,

I have been wanting to do a rebuild but the shop owner is happy with it as it stands and donest want me to be rebuilding at this time

The HTML parts tend to be used to create content to help on SEO and everything is then linked back into the shops since I have found search engines arent the best at searching OSc even with SEO Contabs

I was asking beacse I though I had seen somthing a few years back where someone had wanted to do the same and they where given a sloution to the prob I just couldnt find it now when i was looking for it

since I have found search engines arent the best at searching OSc even with SEO Contabs

Oscommerce is just fine for seo purposes if it is set up correctly.

You could add the categories to your html page if you copy the source from oscommerce but it wouldn't be dynamic.

Archived