• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Negative Quantity Input Possible?

dc2698

Hi for some reason I would like to let the customers be able to input negative number in the Quantity field during updating the Shopping Cart. Currently if any negative quantity is input, it resets the Shopping Cart to its empty state.

In includes/classes/shopping_cart.php where shall I find the function or statements that do not accept a negative quantity input?

Or is it somewhere else?

In other words, I want the ability to add values to a product quantity with the Shopping Cart checkout confirmation. But I need to kind of bypass the "check-negative-quantity-input-while-updating-cart-content" first.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I think that the quantity of product is controlled in the catalog/includes/application_top.php file.

Look around line 416 for the following code:

// customer wants to update the product quantity in their shopping cart
     case 'update_product' : for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']); $i<$n; $i++) {

The piece of code below of that should control the updating process, but i'm not sure how to do what you want. I hope you can figure that.

Regards,

Hey!!... I still need help with this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309208. Please, take a look on it.

Archived