• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order without steps...

XRainBoX

Hello everybody! How can I set the order of customers have made to not pass in checkout_payment, checkout_shipping and those steps. I want the customer select the products he wants and goes directly to checkout_process, without pass on those steps cited... Is there a way to it?

Thanks.

Hi.

I know that there is a contribution that allow the user to skip the checkout_payment.php page when only one payment method is available. I have seen this contrib before, but I can't remember the name of it now. Try to find it by yourself.

Regards,

Hey!!... I still need help with this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309208. Please, take a look on it.

Hello everybody! How can I set the order of customers have made to not pass in checkout_payment, checkout_shipping and those steps. I want the customer select the products he wants and goes directly to checkout_process, without pass on those steps cited... Is there a way to it?

Thanks.

Oddly, checkout_payment and checkout_shipping or a part of the checkout_process.

Oddly, checkout_payment and checkout_shipping or a part of the checkout_process.

Yes, you are right in the concept, but it is possible to skip the checkout_payment when there is just one payment method. Think about it. If you have just one payment method available then, why bother the customer asking him/her to choose a payment method??. I saw a cotrib that do that. It consist in just add a few lines of code on the checkout_payment.php file, if there's just one payment method, then redirect to the checkout_confirmation.php. I think that, if you find that contrib, you can replicate the logic inside to skip from checkout_shipping.php to the checkout_payment.php, and then to the checkout_confirmation.php. You must do it in that orden. From shipping to payment and then from payment to confirmation (but these redirection are transparent to the customer. I mean, the customer does not notice the redirects). Otherwise, it can lost some important session variable, and you can fall into a loop.

That's the only way I know.

This is different from purchase without account, i guess. As I can figure, the "purchas without account" contrib does not let you skip any page of the checkout process. Is that right?

Regards,

Hey!!... I still need help with this http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309208. Please, take a look on it.

Ok. I think I got it.

Backup your catalog/checkout_shipping.php and your catalog/checkout_payment.php

Open your catalog/checkout_payment.php

Around line 130, look for:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT);

just before add the following:

// skip if only 1 payment method available
if (tep_count_payment_modules() == 1) {
	if (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_register('payment');
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'));
}

Open your catalog/checkout_shipping.php

Around line 170 look for:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING);

just before add the following:

// skip if only 1 shipping method available
if (tep_count_shipping_modules() == 1) {
	if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
}

Firts, test modifying just the checkout_payment.php. I 've used this before, so this should work.

It work well, then try modifying the checkout_shipping.php. I've not used this before. If there is any error, try moving the piece of code above to another location on the same file. Choose the location carefully. If someone that knows more than me is reading this, please help too. I got the logic, but maybe i'm missing something.

Order without steps...

very easy con be done via PayPal oscommerce store or Google Checkout oscommerce store without any step or accounts, as the PayPal & Google Checkout capable to handle the addresses information.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived