• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Template

UKPrime

HI All,

I am starting to get on with using a lot of the contributions but I can not find one to do the following.

I am doing a website for my father, it is an RC website, I want to present header a for cars, header b for boats, head c for planes, etc. Also if possible to change some of the colours. Is this possible and is there a contribution already for it?

I will probably have other ideas as I go along but these will do for the moment.

Thank you for your help.

Hi G,

Thank you for the quick reply, I have had a look and I understand it so I will give it a go. You hae been very helpful.

search forum for following keywords:

switch

current_category_id

search forum for following keywords:

switch

current_category_id

Gary is 100% correct and I would also like to add that the Simple Template System has built in features that allow you to have a separate header per category, product, etc. You can even have a completely different look for each product, category, home page, etc. with the simplicity of creating a different HTML page for each.

To download STS or visit the support thread, click on the stsv4.5.8 or STSv4 Support Forum links in my signature below.

Hope this was helpul,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gary,

Thank you for your help, the only reason I am not using the STS is because of all the other plug ins I am using.

I have install the method recommended but have the following question:-

The case for the categories is 1, 2, 3, etc but when in the sub category is it 1_1, 1_2,2_1, 2_2 etc

DO I need to write a case for each category and sub category?

Gary is 100% correct and I would also like to add that the Simple Template System has built in features that allow you to have a separate header per category, product, etc. You can even have a completely different look for each product, category, home page, etc. with the simplicity of creating a different HTML page for each.

To download STS or visit the support thread, click on the stsv4.5.8 or STSv4 Support Forum links in my signature below.

Hope this was helpul,

Archived