• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes

so my store is here I only have 2 products under Wheels.

I have installed an attribute addon which is just for making SIZE a product option.

The other attributes like FINISH, OFFSET, BOLT PATTERN, I need to all be attributes like Static characteristics that are not options but they are just characteristics of the actual wheels. No drop downs or anything.

Does anyone maybe know where or how I can add things like this?

thanks all!

so my store is here I only have 2 products under Wheels.

I have installed an attribute addon which is just for making SIZE a product option.

The other attributes like FINISH, OFFSET, BOLT PATTERN, I need to all be attributes like Static characteristics that are not options but they are just characteristics of the actual wheels. No drop downs or anything.

Does anyone maybe know where or how I can add things like this?

thanks all!

Didn't find an Edit button so sorry for the reply to my own message but,

This site here:

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Branded+B...a1c646a23507a50

at the bottom is exactly what I am looking for, about 3-4 static attributes that are just like that, not options

Inside Diameter: 20mm

Outside Diameter: 42mm

Width: 26mm

I just don't see where in the admin panel I can add things like this :(

Hi Travis,

If I understand correctly. You have a wheel with fixed characteristics that can be purchased in different sizes ?

So, enter the Inside Diameter: 20mm, Outside Diameter: 42mm, Width: 26mm in the product description and use a table to format it in the place you want. The, you only have to use the attributes to have the customer choose the size.

Hope that helps......

Chris

Hi Travis,

If I understand correctly. You have a wheel with fixed characteristics that can be purchased in different sizes ?

So, enter the Inside Diameter: 20mm, Outside Diameter: 42mm, Width: 26mm in the product description and use a table to format it in the place you want. The, you only have to use the attributes to have the customer choose the size.

Hope that helps......

Chris

I see what you mean. The only problem I see is then the characteristics of the wheels just become text and that would not work because our filters (at the top of the listings of wheels) are tied in with the characteristics(finish).

I see what you mean. The only problem I see is then the characteristics of the wheels just become text and that would not work because our filters (at the top of the listings of wheels) are tied in with the characteristics(finish).

I thought about this some and I could really have my filters search the Description for certain text and use the filters that way I can have "characteristics" like Finish (chrome, black, silver...) just as static text in the description.

What do you guys think?

Archived