• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

modifying checkout_payment.php

sconnelly

I need to modify the checkout page so that the continue button is in another location of this page (copied above the coupon section).

What is confusing me is that I know the graphic is called button_continue.gif but when I do a search (using search inside the file option using a local copy of the website), this name only appears in three files (e.g. buttons.txt, install_encypt.txt, and an access log).

This is a two part question:

1. There is something really wrong with the Windows search function (the search fails in both XP and Vista) ! I know that "button_continue.gif" MUST exist in at least one file! Can anyone recommend a better search tool? I am familiar with the fantastic Copernic search tool (available for free) but I am looking for something that doesn't rely on indexing first.

2. Where is this button? Where might I make these changes to the checkout?

Thank you!

Just open checkout_payment.php and find it:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

I have XP and could never get the Windows search to find things that I knew were there.

From another member here, I heard about and installed a nifty search utility called Agent Ransack. It's free, just Google it. I'd recommend it to anyone as I use it all the time. It doesn't require any indexing.

There's another thread around here about search tools that I could probably find if you're interested.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Just open checkout_payment.php and find it:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

I have XP and could never get the Windows search to find things that I knew were there.

From another member here, I heard about and installed a nifty search utility called Agent Ransack. It's free, just Google it. I'd recommend it to anyone as I use it all the time. It doesn't require any indexing.

There's another thread around here about search tools that I could probably find if you're interested.

Thank you for your reply! I will look in the place you suggested.

Another tool which I highly recommend for overall indexing is Copernic (it's free version is pretty powerful see: Copernic website). It was able to find everything I was looking for.

Archived