• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order History Question

lindsayanng

I was looking at my site, and trying to figure out ways to remove some of the boxes in the left and right columns, but continue to keep the functionality.

So my eye was caught on the ORDER HISTORY box on the right column. Its a GREAT tool for customers to be able to just have one click to re-order a past item, especially in my line of business where most people use the same favorites over and over again..But i think its SILLY to have it in the column, when you have the ORDER HISTORY option once you log in.

then i realized that that actual order history PAGE does not have the quick re-order item. So i was thinking of basically taking the code from that box and putting it in the order_history.php page so that it displays like the actual orders, but will be the FIRST thing people see.

This way it is only two clicks to get to it, but does not take up valuable space on the right column.

my goal is the use the columns for cross selling and promoting within my own store. I basically want people to SEE different things and get different ideas while they are browsing my products.

So i was just wondering if anyone has done this yet and if you actually think it would be a good idea.

It will probably be my project to the weekend.. Sunday most likely.. but wanted other's thoughts on it

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

well, as SOON as i figure it out, i will try to bundle it for a contribution.. it will have been my FIRST!!

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

well, i got it done on my site, and it definitely looks good.. but i got i migrain halfway through writing out the instructions, and i HAD to stop.. its still lingering there a day later.. so i have to take it easy on the cpu today

• 4 weeks later...
well, i got it done on my site, and it definitely looks good.. but i got i migrain halfway through writing out the instructions, and i HAD to stop.. its still lingering there a day later.. so i have to take it easy on the cpu today

Could you send me the changed files? I will compare them with the original files to see what to change.....

I have been looking for this a long time!!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance... Greetings from Amsterdam :rolleyes:

Archived