• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Web Payments Standard

speightrp

Hello All,

I am very confused. I am trying to install the Web Payments Standard Module. I have installed it from the admin panel and set the sort order to 0 (and 1 and 2) and for the life of me I cannot even get it to show up as an option.

I have managed to get Web Payments Express to show up but that comes up with an error stating: Security header is not valid

Here are my settings as they stand:

Version: 1.0 (online status)

Visit PayPal Website (info)

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS

Payment Zone

UK

Set Preparing Order Status

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Sandbox

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True - I have had this true and false and it makes no difference.

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

/

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Any help would be greatly received. I have been round and round in circles on the PayPal and the OSCommerce website.

Cheers in advance,

Rob

Hello All,

I am very confused. I am trying to install the Web Payments Standard Module. I have installed it from the admin panel and set the sort order to 0 (and 1 and 2) and for the life of me I cannot even get it to show up as an option.

Any help would be greatly received. I have been round and round in circles on the PayPal and the OSCommerce website.

Cheers in advance,

Rob

If you have an SSL, make the encryption false, and erase the OpenSSL location. If you are using the sandbox, make sure that you test it with the accounts you create in the developers section.

To make this work, all you need to put in is the debug email, and the paypal email.

I highly recommend going with the Paypal IPN module provided by the osCommerce team.

Ohh, and if you don't have an SSL do what I said anyway, it is not necessary to encrypt anything, since you won't be dealing with sensitive information on your server. It is recommended that you do secure the connection (the easiest way is an SSL) but not necessary.

If you have an SSL, make the encryption false, and erase the OpenSSL location. If you are using the sandbox, make sure that you test it with the accounts you create in the developers section.

To make this work, all you need to put in is the debug email, and the paypal email.

I highly recommend going with the Paypal IPN module provided by the osCommerce team.

Ohh, and if you don't have an SSL do what I said anyway, it is not necessary to encrypt anything, since you won't be dealing with sensitive information on your server. It is recommended that you do secure the connection (the easiest way is an SSL) but not necessary.

Hi SK,

I understand what you are saying but it does not really seem to effect what I am doing. My problems are that the PayPal option does not show up when you go to checkout in OSCommerce, all it says is "Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order."

Then when it takes you to PayPal it doesn't ask for payment you just get the standard PayPal login screen. Even logging in produces no request for payment.

Any idea why this would be?

I have integrated PayPal before into other websites using code I wrote myself with no problem.... but this is doing my head in!

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Archived