• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Latest versions of oscommerce/contributions

amitxox

I am planning to overhaul my store www.underthesunstore.com and am wondering what are the latest versions of oscommerce recommonded to install and any additional or good contributions that should go along with a fresh install.

Please advise.

Thanks

Amit

The latest version of oscommerce is always available in the above menu: Solutions->Downloads.

Jack

This is what I have installed.

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

Am I too far from the current version or is this workable ? What are the major updates from MS2 to ('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1'); //released March/2007

Please do let me know.

By the way does RC1 come with STS installed or is that an add on.

Thanks

Amit

Upgrading from MS2 to RC2 is not a simple procedure, especially if there have been many changes made to your shops files. No, RC2 doesn't come with STS installed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Upgrading from MS2 to RC2 is not a simple procedure, especially if there have been many changes made to your shops files. No, RC2 doesn't come with STS installed.

Jack

what are the added or upgrade benefits though ? why would i do it ?

There are some security and bug fixes. The admin is protected from the start. Some payment modules have been updated. There may be more. You can read the update file if you're interested.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived