• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping

skydiveuk24

Hello,

This has probably been asked so many times before, but I cannot seem to figure it out to save my life!

I need to setup shipping as follows:

£1.50 per item to the UK - I have this working by using Per Item shipping module and am processing orders. However, I need to add:

Shipping for European orders, £3.50 per order

Shipping for rest of the world, £4.50 per order.

I cannot work out what to do in able to allow £1.50 for each item in the UK but £3.50 and £4.50 per order for European and Rest of the world.

Iwould appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding this.

Thank-you for your time,

Dale

--

Hi there,

Am quite new to this but I think I did this is my store.

In your admin area under modules then shipping, you can put the flat rate to the £1.50, and then set zone rates for the other countries as required.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards ;)

Hello,

This has probably been asked so many times before, but I cannot seem to figure it out to save my life!

I need to setup shipping as follows:

£1.50 per item to the UK - I have this working by using Per Item shipping module and am processing orders. However, I need to add:

Shipping for European orders, £3.50 per order

Shipping for rest of the world, £4.50 per order.

I cannot work out what to do in able to allow £1.50 for each item in the UK but £3.50 and £4.50 per order for European and Rest of the world.

Iwould appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding this.

Thank-you for your time,

Dale

--

That was what I was thinking, but them zones are confusing for me!

I have just had someone tell me to create 2 seperate table rate files and let the customer choose which is appropriate for their country, so I will try that and post back results.

Hi there,

Am quite new to this but I think I did this is my store.

In your admin area under modules then shipping, you can put the flat rate to the £1.50, and then set zone rates for the other countries as required.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards ;)

Ok just a quick update for anyone in the same situation.

I created 2 table rate files (Eu and International) and set them active in admin. On the checkout_shipping.php page, the customer now has the option of choosing which is the appropriate shipping method for them. The only thing is, I haven't set the zones...is this a problem do you think? It does seem to be working fine: As a test, I set United States as the checkout address, but the shipping stayed on UK (is this because I haven't set the zones or because default country is UK?) I changed shipping to International, the checkout worked ok and altered the shipping price.

Archived