• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin edit problems after mySQL 4 to 5 upgrade

I recently migrated an OSCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 installation from one web host to another. The old web host was running mySQL 4.1.22 on PHP 5.2.5, while the new web host is running mySQL 5.0.51a on PHP 5.2.6. I'm sure the PHP subversion upgrade makes no difference, but I'm not too surprised that I'm seeing issues having upgraded a whole mySQL version.

The site seems to run fine, but any edit I make in the admin (from changing simple "My Store" config string values to changing prices, etc.) blanks out the corresponding data in the database, so I lose my data. My server logs report no error, the admin reports no error, and reloads the page like nothing happened.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

(I did not build this site myself, I only migrated it - there are a few mods installed like Header Tags SEO, Gift Registry, some Birthday thing, etc. - I can get an official list if anyone thinks it matters...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Randy

I recently migrated an OSCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 installation from one web host to another. The old web host was running mySQL 4.1.22 on PHP 5.2.5, while the new web host is running mySQL 5.0.51a on PHP 5.2.6. I'm sure the PHP subversion upgrade makes no difference, but I'm not too surprised that I'm seeing issues having upgraded a whole mySQL version.

-Randy

Hey Randy,

Your fun is just about to begin... :wacko:

While I haven't heard of your specific problems, there has been all kinds of nasties caused by the MySQL 5 upgrade.

Since I had to do so many edits I can't remember each and everyone. But I can point you in a few directions. ;)

Download - osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a in that zip file you will find "upgrade.html". Start by implementing the [bUGFIX]'s, holding off on the [iMPROVEMENT]'s (I ran into a bunch of glitches installing some of the improvements).

Then search the forums for as much info you can find, plus the contribution area has some fixes you'll probably need.

Sorry I can't be more specific or point you in the exact locations, but the fixes for different problems are scattered everywhere.

Good Luck!!

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Thanks for the quick reply Jim!

Download - osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a in that zip file you will find "upgrade.html". Start by implementing the [bUGFIX]'s, holding off on the [iMPROVEMENT]'s (I ran into a bunch of glitches installing some of the improvements).

For clarification, it seems I need to do the upgrades in RC1 (http://svn.oscommerce.com/fisheye/browse/~...rade-22rc1.html) before doing the upgrades in RC2.2a (http://svn.oscommerce.com/fisheye/browse/~...nk/upgrade.html).

Then search the forums for as much info you can find...

Any suggestions on what keywords to use when searching? (the search won't let me enter "5" as in "mysql 5")

...plus the contribution area has some fixes you'll probably need.

I've seen a few mentions of contributions helping with these issues, but I have not been able to find any. Seems odd that contributions would solve bugs, but I'm willing to try anything at this point. Although further modifying the core OSC code is probably not the best idea at this point...

Thanks again,

-Randy

So I manually merged in every [bUGFIX] item listed in the 2.2RC1 release notes. Much to my dismay, it did not seem to have any affect at all, better or worse. I did a fresh install of 2.2RC1 on the same server, and that one works fine. I'm guessing all I have left to blame is either contributions, or customizations...

My problem is pretty widespread throughout the admin. Editing any values results in no error, but blanks out all the fields. Seems like a single setting I'm missing somewhere, something stupid I'm sure...

I'm pretty desperate now, as my only other options are returning to the other web host or migrating to Zen Cart :rolleyes:

-Randy

I am using the same osC version with similar hosting services.

My quess would be a contribution is messing you up.

If you could get a complete list of contributions that where added, you could check the forums to see if any particular one had know issues with the MySQL 5 upgrade.

I stumbled across this in the contributions - File changes needed to work with PHP5 and MySQL5

Usually with the migration to MySQL 5 error messages where seen, not blank pages or no updates. That's what will make diaganosing the problem harder. Unfortunately I am kind of a newbie and don't know enough with different add-ons, PHP 5, and MySQL 5. I just hack along and if something breaks I go nuts for hours or days, LOL.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Archived