• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not showing up

keithclark

Keith,

I have the same problem that started showing up today. Store has been fine for two months. Can you see if orders_status has the invisible order in it? On my store that table is empty of new orders and looking at the query for order history it will return no records if that table is empty.

Jeff

I have a new customer order, but it is not showing up when I check for orders in my administrator screen. I'm not sure why. Paypal has processed the order and a past order does show up fine.

Keith

Keith,

I have the same problem that started showing up today. Store has been fine for two months. Can you see if orders_status has the invisible order in it? On my store that table is empty of new orders and looking at the query for order history it will return no records if that table is empty.

Jeff

orders_status table is just for defining the status of orders, not for listing orders at all. I'm not sure what table you are referring to. My invisible order shows up under orders and orders_products though.

Keith

We had this problem too... usually it is because the customer either did not route themselves back or were not routed by paypal to your store after completing the purchase. This means the items are still in their shopping cart and your site does not know they made the payment.

We used to log into their accounts using master password and check them out with cashiers check/money order, then process the order on our end associating it with their paypal payment. Then we got a database driven pos and it was a whole lot quicker just scanning the items through... either way, check their shopping cart, more than likely, you will find the items waiting for you.

When I place an order everything seems to go thru fine. Carts are empty. orders,

orders_products, orders_status_history, and orders_total all contain the correct info for the invisible orders. They just dont show up anywhere in the webpage either under admin or customer's 'account_history'.

We had this problem too... usually it is because the customer either did not route themselves back or were not routed by paypal to your store after completing the purchase. This means the items are still in their shopping cart and your site does not know they made the payment.

We used to log into their accounts using master password and check them out with cashiers check/money order, then process the order on our end associating it with their paypal payment. Then we got a database driven pos and it was a whole lot quicker just scanning the items through... either way, check their shopping cart, more than likely, you will find the items waiting for you.

Nope, shopping cart is empty. No order though. Hmm.....

Keith

Keith, is your order showing up in orders_status?

orders_status table is just for defining the status of orders, not for listing orders at all. I'm not sure what table you are referring to. My invisible order shows up under orders and orders_products though.

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. When pulling up the main admin page, under ORDERS / Pending, I see 3 orders - however if you click on Pending - I only see one really old pre-order that has been sitting for awhile. None of the new orders show up. However if I look at the SQL database, I can see the orders there okay. Now I can just go ahead and process the orders by pulling out of the database - but it would be more comforting if they showed up in the system like they are supposed to do.

I've added the Supertracker and current USPS mods.

I do have one other ailement that I've been ignoring, if it makes any difference - in the main Admin menu, all the menu titles are the php label, so it says

osCommerce

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_CONTRIBUTIONS

BOX_TITLE_ORDERS

Pending:3

Processing:3

Delivered:25

BOX_TITLE_STATISTICS

BOX_ENTRY_CUSTOMERS 60

bOX_ENTRY_PRODUCTS 100

BOX_ENTRY_REVIEWS 13

ETC...

Any help in this would be appreciated to the point of a thank you payment

I'm having the same issue. When pulling up the main admin page, under ORDERS / Pending, I see 3 orders - however if you click on Pending - I only see one really old pre-order that has been sitting for awhile. None of the new orders show up. However if I look at the SQL database, I can see the orders there okay. Now I can just go ahead and process the orders by pulling out of the database - but it would be more comforting if they showed up in the system like they are supposed to do.

I've added the Supertracker and current USPS mods.

I do have one other ailement that I've been ignoring, if it makes any difference - in the main Admin menu, all the menu titles are the php label, so it says

osCommerce

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_CONTRIBUTIONS

BOX_TITLE_ORDERS

Pending:3

Processing:3

Delivered:25

BOX_TITLE_STATISTICS

BOX_ENTRY_CUSTOMERS 60

bOX_ENTRY_PRODUCTS 100

BOX_ENTRY_REVIEWS 13

ETC...

Any help in this would be appreciated to the point of a thank you payment

I have had this problem for over 18 months and no matter what instructions I place on the checkout pages, customers persist in closing the browser at the 'PayPal Thankyou' page...

It occurred to me to ask PayPal to make the duration of the 'PayPal Thankyou' page user configurable to '0' seconds... I have asked them to do this, so the customer is immediately returned to the shop.

Now if enough of us ask PayPal to do this aswell, we can get them to add this option so the 'PayPal Thankyou' is displayed for '0' seconds...

Here is the text from my email to PayPal

**** Start ****

Question:

Can PayPal make elapsed time on 'PayPal Thankyou' Page user configurable?

Additional Information:

Dear PayPal,

When a customer purchases from my website, a 'PayPal Thankyou' page

appears. If the customer closes the window at that point, the money is

taken but the order is not posted, the customer gets no acknowledgement &

the order is lost.

I have to manually search my DB to recover the cart contents & re-key the order

again (most of my refunds – using my other PayPal account for the

re-keys, are for this exact issue).

This could be completely avoided if the time taken on 'PayPal Thankyou'

page was user configurable (to '0' seconds). It is currently set to

a fixed '10' seconds, & the customer often closes the window before PayPal

re-directs back to my shop.

I have added instructions to customers, throughout my checkout pages

instructing them to wait for the auto-return, but they still do not wait.

Can PayPal now step up & make this change before I remove PayPal from my osCommerce shop

& implement a non PayPal payment solution on my shop?

Etc...

**** End ****

So my point is, if a hundred of us email PayPal then they surely will make the change and solve the issue.

Login to PayPal > Help > Contact Us > Contact Customer Service > Business Solutions > Website Payments Pro > Add Question > Add Additional Information etc..

Regs,

Trinityaries

Great idea.

Ive just emailed paypal that as well.

I dont know how many orders we lose a month because of this problem with paypal and customers closing the window before it redirects. Its frustrating as hell.

Cory

I have had this problem for over 18 months and no matter what instructions I place on the checkout pages, customers persist in closing the browser at the 'PayPal Thankyou' page...

It occurred to me to ask PayPal to make the duration of the 'PayPal Thankyou' page user configurable to '0' seconds... I have asked them to do this, so the customer is immediately returned to the shop.

Now if enough of us ask PayPal to do this aswell, we can get them to add this option so the 'PayPal Thankyou' is displayed for '0' seconds...

Here is the text from my email to PayPal

**** Start ****

Question:

Can PayPal make elapsed time on 'PayPal Thankyou' Page user configurable?

Additional Information:

Dear PayPal,

When a customer purchases from my website, a 'PayPal Thankyou' page

appears. If the customer closes the window at that point, the money is

taken but the order is not posted, the customer gets no acknowledgement &

the order is lost.

I have to manually search my DB to recover the cart contents & re-key the order

again (most of my refunds – using my other PayPal account for the

re-keys, are for this exact issue).

This could be completely avoided if the time taken on 'PayPal Thankyou'

page was user configurable (to '0' seconds). It is currently set to

a fixed '10' seconds, & the customer often closes the window before PayPal

re-directs back to my shop.

I have added instructions to customers, throughout my checkout pages

instructing them to wait for the auto-return, but they still do not wait.

Can PayPal now step up & make this change before I remove PayPal from my osCommerce shop

& implement a non PayPal payment solution on my shop?

Etc...

**** End ****

So my point is, if a hundred of us email PayPal then they surely will make the change and solve the issue.

Login to PayPal > Help > Contact Us > Contact Customer Service > Business Solutions > Website Payments Pro > Add Question > Add Additional Information etc..

Regs,

Trinityaries

Archived