• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can not load my pictures to my store

qtrmile2

I'm trying to up load pictures to my store. I get an error message that says Catalog images directory is not writeable.

I am very new to this and have trouble finding my way thru OS Commrece. I have done this in the past but for some reason I get red X's instead of a picture.

I do need help

Thanks, Vince

Change the permissions on your images folder to 777 to upload. But right after you are done change them back to 755 as it is the most common reason stores get hacked. You can also just upload them via FTP and then name them in the admin when entering products and it will work and you won't have to change the permissions.

Change the permissions on your images folder to 777 to upload. But right after you are done change them back to 755 as it is the most common reason stores get hacked. You can also just upload them via FTP and then name them in the admin when entering products and it will work and you won't have to change the permissions.

Thanks for your reply but I'm not very good on computers. How do I get to the image folder and I don't know what FTP is.

Sorry just don't know much about this stuff. But I'm willing to learn. The reason I'm trying to do this is I've had two people abondon me on my web site and I'm trying to do this stuff myself . No one seems to want to help me on my web site.

Thanks

Get an FTP client (software/program.) I recommend Filezilla -- It's free/open source, and it's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You'll need to get the FTP username and password from your host. Use that information and your site name to set up your FTP client. Once you have that correct, you will be able to see files and directories on the server as if they were on your own computer. You can drag files from one to the other, etc.

To change permissions on a folder, navigate to that folder and right click it (I'm assuming you're using Filezilla here.) Select File Attributes from the menu and change the Numeric Value to 777.

I hope that's not too confusing. Ask again if you need more help.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived