• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do you move your site and database to a new account?

mcnutdd

So I have been having some trouble with moving my store from one account to another. So far I have copied all the files and moved then to my new account. That worked.

Then I notice if you went to my new site, and clicked anywhere you would be sent to my old site. This is when I found out that I needed to change my configure.php files (thanks community support).

Now the site works. Only one problem, it is still using my old/original database.

For me to completely swap to my new account I have to move the database to my new account. This is where everything seems to be getting hairy. I dumped my original database and uploaded it to my new account using phpmyadmin, then I changed my database location in my configure.php files. Now nothing works I get an error saying I do not have access to the database.

If anyone has any info please help.

At the bottom of your configure.php files you need to make sure your DataBase settings are correct. Double check your DB name and username in your new account.

There are also a couple of setting in the stores admin you will need to change under Logging and Cache in your Admins Configuration. They are listed as /home/XXXXX/public_html/ or something like that.

move site code.

cretae nes db and dump db data(export and import)to new db.

Modify configure.php

Plus if Mysql 5 and PHP 5 issues then apply patches for these two environmental changes.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

If you password protect your admin with .htaccess such as when you do it with your hosting control panel and you move your site you are also coping the .htaccess file in your admin folder. That file is looking for a password file that does not exist anymore. Just remove the password part out of the .htaccess file and protect it again using your host control panel.

If you password protect your admin with .htaccess such as when you do it with your hosting control panel and you move your site you are also coping the .htaccess file in your admin folder. That file is looking for a password file that does not exist anymore. Just remove the password part out of the .htaccess file and protect it again using your host control panel.

OK that sounds good, which part is password part? Also, is it the home/admin/.htaccess or home/.htaccess that I will be changing?

home/admin/.htaccess is the one you want to change. Just look for any part that looks like it would store a password. Back up first.

home/admin/.htaccess is the one you want to change. Just look for any part that looks like it would store a password. Back up first.

That file looks like this:

authname "OsCommerce"

authtype basic

require valid-user

AuthName "OsCommerce"

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile /home/xxxxxxxxxx//admin/.htpasswd

AuthGroupFile /dev/null

require valid-user

I tried to delete the .htpasswd but that didn't do anything either.

Archived