• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Site, advice, help, opinions, etc.

dturano547

Hi,

Im new to the site and osc. I recently setup my own site. This is all new to me, eveything on the site was by me, the template was a free template i found on the web, made some minor adjustments and put on some mods from this site (thank you)

Im learning so much as I build this site, I set it up to teach my self how to use osc and a few other things. I also wanted to learn about google products as well ( i have the site linked up with google products, anylizer, etc.). I also am messing with an rss whcih worked well till i got an ssl.

Im running into a few errors since i recently put on an ssl. I was getting a lock symbol with a line through it on firefox but fixed it, the site seems to work the same it did before the ssl on firefox but not ie. The only issue i have with safari and firefox is that the left colum gets a weird line or lack of line that shows up clean and smooth in ie, but im sure thats a post in itself.

Question 1: How can i clean up my site so that in ie people do not have to click the display or not display, it can be very annoying to customers. do I have to adjust every page behind the scens or is there a fix that adjusts on the fly?

Question 2: I had to move my site around since i needed my promary domain changed foe the ssl, when i moved everything seemed to work fine. The problem is i cannot login into my admin page. it says invalid login info. this is both for admin and for the custoemr login on my page. then when i create a new login custoemr it says i already exist? When i moved the site around was i supposed to update something iwth the tables?

Question 3: What do you think of the site...?

I started with phpbb which is homebrewliving.com (im probably going to remove the ssl or figure out a way to keep it not sure)

the site in question which aplies to this forum is homebrewliving.com/store

Archived