• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which version of "Ultimate SEO URL" to use?

omarts

HI,

I would like to install the "Ultimate SEO URL" contribution to get better URLS for spiders crawling.

I hae been to the contribution but there are so many versions that I have not clue which one to use.

I have also seen threads with people scrambling for support because they did not choos ethe right version.

Can anyone let me know which version to use from the following contribution?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2823

To be clear, please specify the date the version was uploaded and who is the contributor. This wil lleave no confusion.

Thanks for you rhelp in advance...

Thanks. I installed that contribution along with the validation part to redirect the incorrect URLs to correct ones as well.

However I am facing following problems:

1. If I turn this contribution off in the admin>Configuration, my old URLs dont work fine. They just take me to the catalog page with a strange URL like: http://india1imports.com/catalog/index.php?catalog=index.php

2. When I turn it on, my URLs are much simpler and non dynamic as expected, but aren;t my old product page URLs supposed to be forwarded to th enew product URLs. However, if I use my old URL, which is probably already crawled by Google bot, then it says that Product not found.

3. I had updated my paypal.php file some time back to pass on the whole shopping cart to paypal. It works fine after Ultimate SE URL contribution installed without discount coupons, but with discount coupons, it is getting messed up in passing the parameters to Paypal. Why would this contribution affect that at all!!. - See my post at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...39217&st=40 (posted on Jun 7).

4. When I first installe dthis contribution, I was not able to go to from shopping cart to checkout (checkout_shipping.php). The error I was getting was:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='1' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

2006 - MySQL server has gone away

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '2e5a73ff1e7440adab496739447fac98'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Its fixed by otself, but I am wondering why that would have happened.

Is my .htaccess file okay?

Thanks to anyone whoe spares time to help me.

-Abhay

I also struggled with that list, but finally I gave up.

It takes a complicated mind to build such a confusing repository for packages.

Gee, the information was given in the second post, how complicated is that?

Try understanding what open source is about before making outrageous statements.

Hi Coopco,

I see that you were also contributing in that other thread where there are 90 pages in the thread and was the official thrad for this contribution.

I am sure the fixes to my problems are very simple. Could you please read my post above with questions.

Thanks,

Abhay