• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Standard Module & Return to Merchant Error

LunarLive

My customers are being redirected this weekend to this error message:

"Return to Merchant

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid,

and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

There are not any settings that I can find to "undo" or "re-set" this new issue in the admin section so I toyed with the paypal_standard.php script on line 297 (this file is located in the folder: includes/modules/payment )

I changed line 297 as follows:

$parameters['address_override'] = '1';

over to 

$parameters['address_override'] = '0';

I left everything else alone and this change has seemed to fix the issue for now.

If there is a better or easier fix to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

Edited by LunarLive

Sorry for the "CODE" box factor - I didn't realize that would spread the post out like that, and I don't see any way to edit the "oversized" boxes.

** Okay - my bad - I found the edit button finally. Thanks for your patience with my blindness.

Edited by LunarLive

Just trap the request being sent to Paypal.

probably the store addres You have defined for store has something wrong in it.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Thanks for the suggestion Satish - The issue was that the customers' shipping addresses being sent from my oscommerce store were not matching up with the shipping address on record with PayPal. However, my products are delivered via email and I don't require a valid street address for that. The store address is not the issue. This situation just started happening this past weekend, and from the looks of other posts this weekend concerning the same issue, this has been a New problem for them as well.

Again, thanks for the thinks.

Just trap the request being sent to Paypal.

probably the store addres You have defined for store has something wrong in it.

Satish Mantri

• 2 weeks later...

Lunar Live, thanks for the tip, I will try it. I have had the same problem with the identical message. In my case I narrowed it down to the fact my customer addresses were having a comma inserted in front of the postcode (or zip code). If I manually rejigged the shipping address all went fine. In my case I will have to learn how to adjust the address section and hopefully that will fix it. Thanks again.

Lunar Live, thanks for the tip, I will try it. I have had the same problem with the identical message. In my case I narrowed it down to the fact my customer addresses were having a comma inserted in front of the postcode (or zip code). If I manually rejigged the shipping address all went fine. In my case I will have to learn how to adjust the address section and hopefully that will fix it. Thanks again.

In this case place some Java script Validation when a form is filled for Zip code.

Also for all previous entries chek and fix at db level.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

In this case place some Java script Validation when a form is filled for Zip code.

Also for all previous entries chek and fix at db level.

Satish

Thank you Satish, will do a search on that now

Thank you Satish, will do a search on that now

I found the problem only with the USA address, I have try other country address like UK, Canada, It can direct to the paypal complete, anyone can find this problem and resolve it

Regards

Dan

• 4 weeks later...