• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK currency does not work in my shop

ZeroDegreez

Hello there,

Was wondering if someone could please help me. I am new to osCommerce and have encountered a problem.

I have set up a few products in a single category. I've also changed the Localization currency to GBP (default) and, as far as I know, changed everything so that the pricing should appear as GBP in my shop.

However, after this change everything simply appears as "0" (zero).

When I change it back to USD, it all works fine.

How can I resolve this problem please? (In simple terms for a novice if you don't mind!)

Alis x

Hello there,

Was wondering if someone could please help me. I am new to osCommerce and have encountered a problem.

I have set up a few products in a single category. I've also changed the Localization currency to GBP (default) and, as far as I know, changed everything so that the pricing should appear as GBP in my shop.

How can I resolve this problem please? (In simple terms for a novice if you don't mind!)

Alis x

Have you reset the currency values? And made sure to enter the £ symbol on the left etc?

If GBP is going to be your default currency, set the value at 1

If you are going to add different currencies and leave GBP as your default currency, please use this site ( http://www.google.co.uk/ig?referrer=ign ). With GBP as your default currency, USD value should be reset to 1.9803 and EURO should be set to 1.25216567

Hope this helps. :)

Have you reset the currency values? And made sure to enter the £ symbol on the left etc?

If GBP is going to be your default currency, set the value at 1

If you are going to add different currencies and leave GBP as your default currency, please use this site ( http://www.google.co.uk/ig?referrer=ign ). With GBP as your default currency, USD value should be reset to 1.9803 and EURO should be set to 1.25216567

Hope this helps. :)

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I have entered the £ symbol on the left etc. and I've set the value at 1.0000.

I don't want to use different currencies, just GBP.

How do I reset the currency values?

Thank you in advance.

Alis

Hello there,

Alis x

look in catalog\includes\languages\english.php and make

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

this

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

You may also have to set Admin ---> My Store --- > Default Language Currency to true.

look in catalog\includes\languages\english.php and make

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

this

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

You may also have to set Admin ---> My Store --- > Default Language Currency to true.

How do I get here: look in catalog\includes\languages\english.php please?

How do I get here: look in catalog\includes\languages\english.php please?

Download load the file to your pc, make a copy, and open it in a text editor. If it needs changing, then change it and ftp the changed file back to where it come from. If it does not need changing, no futher action is required.

Download load the file to your pc, make a copy, and open it in a text editor. If it needs changing, then change it and ftp the changed file back to where it come from. If it does not need changing, no futher action is required.

Sorry to bother you again. I have done as you said but I'm not sure where to upload the changed file to. It is currently in My Documents under catalog, includes and languages.

Thank you in advance.

Alis

Upload is to replace.

Also did You set USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY as true.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Sorry to bother you again. I have done as you said but I'm not sure where to upload the changed file to. It is currently in My Documents under catalog, includes and languages.

Thank you in advance.

Alis

You put the changed file where you got the original from. It does nothing when it is on your pc.

Upload is to replace.

Also did You set USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY as true.

Satish

sorry to jump in but i have done all the above and all i get is errors when adding to cart or trying to checkout etc.

i changed the file in includes/ to GBP and changed to TRUE too. but just get and error, change every thing back and all is well but still on 0 any advice?

sorry to jump in but i have done all the above and all i get is errors when adding to cart or trying to checkout etc.

i changed the file in includes/ to GBP and changed to TRUE too. but just get and error, change every thing back and all is well but still on 0 any advice?

Not possible if you have done it all.

If You do have just one currency.

Go to currency class and hard code value to 1.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived