• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up payment options.

DABarton

I'll get the hang of all this stuff eventually, but it's better to get help and do it right than guess and do it wrong.

I want to set up my shop so it only accepts payment via PayPal, I have selected the PayPal options in the admin control panel and installed them but when i try to buy an item from my shop it shows no payment options. Could somebody help me set it up? I want it to be like with ebay, where you get sent to the PayPal website, you log into your PayPal account then pay.

I'll get the hang of all this stuff eventually, but it's better to get help and do it right than guess and do it wrong.

I want to set up my shop so it only accepts payment via PayPal, I have selected the PayPal options in the admin control panel and installed them but when i try to buy an item from my shop it shows no payment options. Could somebody help me set it up? I want it to be like with ebay, where you get sent to the PayPal website, you log into your PayPal account then pay.

Ok, so enabling it helps, but when I get redirected to the paypal website, I get this message:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Also, I want to use the table rate for my shipping and charge depending on the weight of items. Now, I don't see what weight values are being used when I put in a books weight, but I assume it's KG so one of my books, a Dragon Ball graphic novel is 0.18 KG. That's not very heavy, so why is the shipping cost £8.50?

EDIT: My shop is http://www.dabarton.co.uk/shop/

Oh, should I put a tax charge on the shipping fees, or would that likely put customers off?

Tax charges on shipping fees or anything else for that matter depend entirely on what tax jurisdiction(s) your business is situated in.

Andrea

Tax charges on shipping fees or anything else for that matter depend entirely on what tax jurisdiction(s) your business is situated in.

Andrea

Ok, how do I find out that info (I'm learning as I go here, hehe)?

Ok, how do I find out that info (I'm learning as I go here, hehe)?

Consult your local tax authorities, the same one you registered with for tax purposes when you set up your business.

If you registered, they will have given you some kind of tax ID or number and some kind of certificate that shows you are legal to charge tax.

If you don't have that stuff, you didn't register and cannot legally charge tax.

I think I'm already straying into giving advice that is beyond the remit of this forum, so this is my last comment on tax.

Andrea

Consult your local tax authorities, the same one you registered with for tax purposes when you set up your business.

If you registered, they will have given you some kind of tax ID or number and some kind of certificate that shows you are legal to charge tax.

If you don't have that stuff, you didn't register and cannot legally charge tax.

I think I'm already straying into giving advice that is beyond the remit of this forum, so this is my last comment on tax.

Andrea

*cough* Well I haven't registered my shop yet, but I'm not selling anything yet either, right now I'm focusing purely on setting my shop up. Once all that's done I will register it, I have no desire to be charged with tax fraud :D

Archived