• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

last post before i delete OSC from my FTP

sasha23

ALL OF A SUDDEN i don't see the orders in admin or on the client account history side.

I receive all the emails, confirmations.....

I tested it with COD *cash on delivery* and Credit Card 41111...... NOTHING

Deleted the order status from database and created it again and again

Checked all orders tables in mysql....NOTHING!!!

I've browsed this forum for 2 days with posts from 2003 and i counted around 400 such posts....If no one cares about this then goodbye OSCommerce...and my voice will be heard everywhere....the script is awesome...but there are a lot of bugs that makes it impossible to play with...guys...buy a real shopping cart...free ones are not good.

Thanks

hey hey take it easy...

i have before tried to get stuck, what i did was to start from scratch and keep a backup that i know works, if i had to apply more than one contrib i keep a back before i add a new contrib

plus i take my time to install each contrib.... rather take a day for just one contrib than screw it up

hey hey take it easy...

i have before tried to get stuck, what i did was to start from scratch and keep a backup that i know works, if i had to apply more than one contrib i keep a back before i add a new contrib

plus i take my time to install each contrib.... rather take a day for just one contrib than screw it up

i've got this shop customized with around 40 modules + design....everything and i mean everything worked perfect till 2 days ago...i've been working with osc for 3 years now and didn't encountered this problem at all...this is just it

something must have changed since it does not work

i have installed osc affiliate again...i had it before and removed it...

the osc affiliate adds only 4 code lines to 4 files....i've deleted those too...also the database...

tell me at least where to look at...thanks

just a single "," to much or less can screw it all up

thats why backup is so damn important, nomal you don't have to change the database just because you remove a module

if you are willing to pay for someone to fix it for you, i reckon it could be fixed within an hr probably much less. i am sorry but i got the feeling you have wasted your 3 years time without actually learning/knowing how osc works. and sorry for not being able to help as there is little info RE your site tha tcould help others to help in your posts.

Good luck with you real shopping carts!

Yes, agree Not all free ones are good but osc is proven and good enough for those who can tame it.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

There is some relations across tables.So You need to analyse what goes in order related tables.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

i have worked with osc for the same time span, ad one thing i have learned is to do backups, even if i have to change just a singe white space

and adding contribs i take a whole day out of the calendar just to make sure i have the time, and if i get tired i leave it and get some sleep... and if i should screw it all i allways have a backup that i know is working

that said i'm not very good at php.. i just follow the install guide that comes with the contrib, i skip those with no guide or a guide that is not good

i have worked with osc for the same time span, ad one thing i have learned is to do backups, even if i have to change just a singe white space

and adding contribs i take a whole day out of the calendar just to make sure i have the time, and if i get tired i leave it and get some sleep... and if i should screw it all i allways have a backup that i know is working

that said i'm not very good at php.. i just follow the install guide that comes with the contrib, i skip those with no guide or a guide that is not good

and it pays to skip those that are unsupported.

i see you are more against my words of quitting OSC instead of helping me with something...i have scripts with cron jobs to back up the DB once a day since my shop is highly visited.

I have even added the default OSC rc2.2 files - checkout files+order files..

believe me something is wrong somewhere...don't know where that's why i am asking for help...

i see you are more against my words of quitting OSC instead of helping me with something...i have scripts with cron jobs to back up the DB once a day since my shop is highly visited.

I have even added the default OSC rc2.2 files - checkout files+order files..

believe me something is wrong somewhere...don't know where that's why i am asking for help...

You are not giving any information to allow forum based debugging sasha.

Either we need more specific error messages that we can replicate or you will have to do it yourself .. or you will have to pay someone to do it for you.

It is not a problem with the oscommerce code (I run and build loads) it is a problem with YOUR specific code/server set up.

And I find the following offensive (for some reason)

but there are a lot of bugs that makes it impossible to play with...guys...buy a real shopping cart...free ones are not good

Lots of users are beating up osc because of slow development .. well ok .. I can see that .. HOWEVER .. core oscommerce code ..

1) Works

2) Is solid

3) Is versaltile

4) Is well and securely coded

5) Is well community supported

6) Is tried and tested by countless thousands

7) Your getting 100s of thousands of coding and testing hours FREE

The moment you add a contribution however you are out of that zone and into the zone of (In order of the ideal I suppose).. self support .. forum support .. paid support.

You are not giving any information to allow forum based debugging sasha.

Either we need more specific error messages that we can replicate or you will have to do it yourself .. or you will have to pay someone to do it for you.

It is not a problem with the oscommerce code (I run and build loads) it is a problem with YOUR specific code/server set up.

this order problem is open since 2003 and has around 400-500 topics unresolved (except delete site+database and reinstall) which is not really a solution.

I don't have anything against OSC but when it comes to a well known issue then stickies must be added or done in a forum..

i see a lot of replies here but again not questions about the problem...pretty weird right?

sasha

you are close to what a jugde would call out of order

if you need help then PLEASE provide some usefull info, without that no one is able to help you

do like me, zip the whole shop but leave out the 2 configure files and then provide a link

also tell excatly what changes you have made since the shop was working

if you are only here for BS'ing about osc then i suggest that you leave the board

also i find this:

but there are a lot of bugs that makes it impossible to play with...guys...buy a real shopping cart...free ones are not good

very offensive, your behaveour belongs in kindergarden :(

sasha

you are close to what a jugde would call out of order

if you need help then PLEASE provide some usefull info, without that no one is able to help you

do like me, zip the whole shop but leave out the 2 configure files and then provide a link

also tell excatly what changes you have made since the shop was working

if you are only here for BS'ing about osc then i suggest that you leave the board

also i find this:

very offensive, your behaveour belongs in kindergarden :(

do you really think someone will look at all my file codes? and listing 40 modules here will make a difference...anyway thanks for the kindergarden thing :huh:

you will give me right one day

do you really think someone will look at all my file codes? and listing 40 modules here will make a difference...anyway thanks for the kindergarden thing  
you will give me right one day

you're quite welcome :rolleyes:

this order problem is open since 2003 and has around 400-500 topics unresolved (except delete site+database and reinstall) which is not really a solution.

I don't have anything against OSC but when it comes to a well known issue then stickies must be added or done in a forum..

i see a lot of replies here but again not questions about the problem...pretty weird right?

From what I understand from this thread is that you cannot even properly tell what the problem is, know close to nothing about PHP or databases but already know for sure it is a problem with the osC base code because you got the same problem as all the other 400-500 topics (probably about PayPal - minor detail). Yeah, right <_<

From what I understand from this thread is that you cannot even properly tell what the problem is, know close to nothing about PHP or databases but already know for sure it is a problem with the osC base code because you got the same problem as all the other 400-500 topics (probably about PayPal - minor detail). Yeah, right <_<

well orders do not show in admin sounds familiar? when using COD or Credit card testing? how come they made you an admin?

give people solutions !!!

let me tell you something Jan Zonjee

Is it OSC fault? YES...why?

Well because OSC owner(s) made the script, made it open-source (free) and that's it. I bet the owner didn't thought it would become such success. I also bet he doesn't give a penny about the bugs (or people problems). I always stood up for Osc and always recommend it to my clients..but now it's really over.

Every cart has Friendly URLS now (html) by default, every cart has the ability to have more than 3-4 product images, every cart has product description tabs and many more that OSC does not offer. And also every cart has a web 2.0 design which OSC didn't bother to create. Instead of leaving OSC behind and let everyone to create a module the owner should of taken 1$ for every download and 1$ for every upgrade and get things right. Have you seen the upgrade list of changes from ms 2.2 to rc1 or rc2? It's a whole novel there...and i preferred to delete the old ms2.2 and install rc2 and design it again because after you have 2+ modules installed everything else fails..WHY? because every module modifies the default osc code a lot...and of course they don't match each other.

Have you also seen the UNRESOLVED bugs? you should better listen to people needs and make things right...why do you have the Paypal module by default but not the Paypal IPN solution? Why don't you offer an easy way to upgrade from one version to another? 1$ Jan 1$...and you make enough money to get a qualified PHP scripting team to resolve everything....

And well if i'm close to nothing about PHP or MySql then OSC is close to nothing but a shopping cart...both Coding and especially design...

So long people...

Archived