• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After selling one of a kind item - how do you prevent item from being added back into shopping cart?

Mitch00

Hello,

Should be easy question... I didn't spot this answer in the forums. I am testing my site right now, and after I buy an item that I listed, the item is still in the store....when I attempt to add the item back into my shopping cart, it let's me...and it shows the message:

"Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

How do I prevent this item from being allowed to go back into the shopping cart? When I listed the item I set the quantity to 1 and this still happens. I read something in this forum about this occuring to allow pre-ordering of the item. I am dealing with one of a kind items that don't require this option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brett

Thank you very much. I applied the soldout contribution and it works like a charm....with one glitch actually.

After the item is sold out, the add to cart goes away, but the item still shows up in the "What's New?" box. Does anyone know how I can remove the sold out item from this box?

Another thing that would be very useful - Is there a way to completely remove the sold item from being seen by the seller? The "Soldout" add-on shows a SoldOut image, but we may want to completely remove the item from the buyer's sight.

Thank you kindly.

Is there a way to completely remove the sold item from being seen by the seller?

:blush: Oop's :blush:

Please don't be angry with me... :blink:

First go to your Admin Panel > Configuration > Stock

Set:

Check stock level = true

Subtract stock = true

Allow Checkout = false

Now there's one of three things you can do:

Search for an old thread that I was involved in regarding "allowing out-of-stock items being added to cart" (something like that).

- or -

The above thread, if you find it, also discusses how to NOT allow sold-out items to be added to someones cart without the contribution. :blush:

- or -

Once you notice an item as sold-out, delete it from your catalog.

Sorry for the mixup and mess I put you in.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

In that case You need to modify sql query.

or the loop that runs You can place a chek stock condition and if 0 or less then just skip its display by stating continue so next recordset is taken.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived