• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sorting By Year

Gamermatt

Hello. I currently own an oscommerce website that sells car body kits, and I am wanting to add more products to the website. We sell, front bumpers, rear bumpers, fenders, etc. from different manufactures. First you click on the car type (Honda), then the car make (Honda Civic), then the type of product (front bumper), then the list of products come up. The list of products is growing and will be many pages long in the near future. When the product listing page comes up for Honda Civic front bumpers, and there are maybe 100 pages, I want to be able to sort these Honda Civic front bumpers by the year. Currently, there is a drop down menu at the top of the product listing page for the manufacturer (currently you can choose between 2 manufacturers).

What I want is a drop down menu (or links, etc) so you can choose the year and organize the product listing page by Honda Civic front bumpers 2003 (the year). All the years are in the titles of the products, so the drop down menu would have to contain all years for Honda Civic front bumpers, and then search the product titles for the corresponding year. Here is an example of a title of a product:

Honda Civic Si | BC N-1 Style Front Bumper 03 04 05

The years are at the end of all the product titles, and I need to make some way to narrow down the products to the year you need.

What php code could do this? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

-Matt

It is the sql that would select it.

Try

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_where.asp

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

You would need to add an additional selector drop down box to the page and update the code so it selects products to display using the info in the drop down selector.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived