• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicate Image Filenames

jaymz77

I have searched and searched for a solution to my problem. Our site only displays product, (we dont have a shopping cart, we are an RV dealership) , for most of our "New" units we only put up the floorplan. There lies a huge problem, if I have a specific product in stock and go to add an exact same product, I will be using the same floorplan image which is named the same as the current unit already on the site. Basicly I need to have something (example; _1, _01..) added to the image name when being uploaded to prevent a dupliction error. I can only imagine this has been addressed before but I was unable to find anything close. Although I did find one Contribution, products_image_name , which seems very complex for such a simple job.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jaymz77

Oh and BTW, I currently just duplicate the product that is in stock and change the stock number, which does work but is time consuming.

I have searched and searched for a solution to my problem. Our site only displays product, (we dont have a shopping cart, we are an RV dealership) , for most of our "New" units we only put up the floorplan. There lies a huge problem, if I have a specific product in stock and go to add an exact same product, I will be using the same floorplan image which is named the same as the current unit already on the site. Basicly I need to have something (example; _1, _01..) added to the image name when being uploaded to prevent a dupliction error. I can only imagine this has been addressed before but I was unable to find anything close. Although I did find one Contribution, products_image_name , which seems very complex for such a simple job.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jaymz77

Oh and BTW, I currently just duplicate the product that is in stock and change the stock number, which does work but is time consuming.

Hi

"dupliction error" can you give more info as I have no prob and I use the same image for about 50 itmes and donot get "dupliction error"

Simon

I guess it doesn't give me a duplication error is gives me a 404 Forbidden. Here are some screen shots..

osc_forum_error2.jpg

osc_forum_error1.jpg

I checked the permissions and everything seems fine. But I am unable to add a product using a picture that has the same file name as another picyure already stored in the database. Any thoughts?

Also I am using Additional Images contribution, which I have searched that thread with no results..

Archived