• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout process failing out of the blue

zooshx

Help!

I set up an OSC store for a friend and everything was working fine for many months. The store owner has many, many orders without issue. Then, last month, out of nowhere, the checkout process stopped working. When you click 'Continue' to continue the checkout process, rather than going to "checkout_shipping.php" as it should, it just hangs on create_account.php.

I started to mess with the code a bit, but then it dawned on me, if I haven't changed a single thing on the server in 6 months, why would the problem be in my code that was working fine before? Any ideas of what it could be? Could Go Daddy have changed something on the server?

The store: http://www.newagekids.com/store/

Mods: checkout w/o account

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

I managed to create an account but did not want to create an account but it asked me for a password anyway. I went to checkout shipping but there was no where for me to enter CC info and it hung on that page.

HTH

Hi

1, Try looking at the code with Beyond Compare 3 with a fresh set of osc

2, also has your PHP been upgraded by your host if so it may be your code that is not working with the new PHP

(this is a long shot)

3, Which osC are you using?

Has your hosting service recently turned off register global variables? If you're still back on 2.2 MS2, that will break a lot of things. I think some time around 2.2 Release Candidate (RC) 1 (or maybe 2) the need for register global variables to be on was removed. If you're still on an old version, your host should be able to tell you the steps to turning register globals back on for your site. Consider this a temporary workaround while you plan for upgrading your copy of osC.

Upgrades of PHP version and/or MySQL version can cause problems, too, but you should get a specific error message (e.g., MySQL error 1054) if that's what happened. The most common thing is the register global variables. There's also a possibility that some configuration file got corrupted, so that sessions don't work correctly any more.

Has your hosting service recently turned off register global variables? If you're still back on 2.2 MS2, that will break a lot of things. I think some time around 2.2 Release Candidate (RC) 1 (or maybe 2) the need for register global variables to be on was removed. If you're still on an old version, your host should be able to tell you the steps to turning register globals back on for your site. Consider this a temporary workaround while you plan for upgrading your copy of osC.

Upgrades of PHP version and/or MySQL version can cause problems, too, but you should get a specific error message (e.g., MySQL error 1054) if that's what happened. The most common thing is the register global variables. There's also a possibility that some configuration file got corrupted, so that sessions don't work correctly any more.

Hi

If it is a register global variables?

then go to your catalog/.htaccess

and go to about line 39

find this

# php_value register_globals 1

and replace with:

php_value register_globals 1

Thanks for the prompt feedback you guys. I'm a single dad of a baby boy and admittedly exhausted at the moment, but I just wanted to say thanks and I will try out your suggestions first thing in the morning and let you know the results!

Hi,

So, I tried to uncomment the register globals, and it gave me an internal server error. The php.ini file in the folder says register_globals = on ... any thoughts?

Here's some more info ...

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-53.ELsmp Database: MySQL 5.0.45-log

Server Date: 07/12/2008 09:49:27 Datebase Date: 07/12/2008 09:49:27

Server Up Time: 09:49:27 up 71 days, 10:50, 0 users, load average: 1.74, 2.15, 2.42

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

register_globals On On

GoDaddy says they haven't changed anything with the server .... but I don't know how much I trust that. I've had bad experiences with them in the past.

As far as comparing the code with a fresh install goes, since I haven't changed any of the code I can't believe that the code itself would be a problem (unless something has been corrupted, I guess)...

So, I tried to uncomment the register globals, and it gave me an internal server error. The php.ini file in the folder says register_globals = on ... any thoughts?

Using "php_value" in ".htaccess" is obsolete and will not work on many systems. They will require you to put the setting in your "php.ini" file ("register_globals = on"). Some systems will require that you add a pointer to your ".htaccess" file to show the server where it can find "php.ini". An example:

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/ACCOUNTNAME/public_html

You'll have to ask your hosting service for the specifics.

Using "php_value" in ".htaccess" is obsolete and will not work on many systems. They will require you to put the setting in your "php.ini" file ("register_globals = on"). Some systems will require that you add a pointer to your ".htaccess" file to show the server where it can find "php.ini". An example:

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/ACCOUNTNAME/public_html

You'll have to ask your hosting service for the specifics.

Well, I did take a look at the 'Server Info' through the OSCommerce admin and it says register_globals is On ... hmm ....

Hi

you say in your first post you have "Mods: checkout w/o account" but it is not on your site did you remove it?

if so could you have missed some or remove to much code?

try this

then go to your catalog/.htaccess

and go to about line 39

find this

# php_value register_globals 1

and replace with:

php_value register_globals 0

Hi

If all the above is not working then your are prob best off upgrading the site to the osCommerce Version: Online Merchant v2.2 RC 2a

it look like it may save you all the time in sorting this out?

Also thought I'd mention ...

I used the same code for two store on two different servers/hosts. On the one that is still working, when you're checking out, the address bar looks like:

https://pearlsho.dot5hosting.com/store/crea...030897625e9ba35

On the one that's not working, however, it just looks like this, without all of the trailing info after the ?:

https://newagekids.com/store/create_account.php

I feel like I remember it looking like the other one, back when it was working. Any idea what could have changed this? So strange.

Thanks again to everyone who is helping me with this. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Oh, and with regard to the upgrade/code comments ... it shouldn't be the code, since I changed nothing about the code. And also, this is a project I have been done with for a long time, it took me a very long time to customize the code, and the last thing I want to do is get back into new installs and code modifications...

Oh, and with regard to the upgrade/code comments ... it shouldn't be the code, since I changed nothing about the code. And also, this is a project I have been done with for a long time, it took me a very long time to customize the code, and the last thing I want to do is get back into new installs and code modifications...

but if your code look ok but the host has change a setting on the server it could be the code not working with (new server settings)

Hi

I could do you a big help if you needed it I could offer to test a backup of your site on my server to see if it is the host or not?

I appreciate the offer very much. I actually have access to a few servers, so I could test that if I needed. I'm actually running the same exact code for another store and it's working just fine. Hmm.

Archived