• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recommend a good book to learn PHP

yazawa

I've been having many problems getting my osCommerce site to work properly. Since most of my posted questions never seem to get fully answered before they fall low in the forum lists (no offense to the great helpers here, I know they have their own lives to deal with), I need to learn PHP. I've been programming with Visual Basic for years, and dabbled a little with Java in college. What I need is a good book that I can learn PHP from. Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks.

well, this isnt really the best for learning PHP, but i know of two really AWESOME books for oscommerce that helped me out a TON! Basically it touches on the php and the mysql portion of oscommerce, but gives references to the actual code that is in front of you.

anyways, One book is by Monika Mathis and the other is by David Mercer. I cant remember the exact names but do a google search with oscommerce and their names and it will pop up.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived